Foreign aid to increase by 30%

so in a recession we can still afford to up the foreign aid budget by 30% to other countries :loopy::loopy: why we give aid to other countries when a hell of of a lot needs to be done here first is beyond me!!!

This is yet another example of the super rich (David Cameron, Nick Clegg), who are obsessed with making themselves appear 'compassionate' on the world stage, taking money from the poor in this country and redistributing it to the rich and the corrupt overseas.

That sstarnge i'm sure i read todays Mail with a story about Aid reduction in 2011., or was it yesterdays Sun. It was defo one of them.

Found a story but not the one i read.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Foreign-Aid-Budget-Andrew-Mitchell-Review-Means-16-Countries-To-Stop-Receiving-British-Aid/Article/201103115943192?f=rss

My error -they're just reducing who gets it..

That sstarnge i'm sure i read todays Mail with a story about Aid reduction in 2011., or was it yesterdays Sun. It was defo one of them.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Foreign-Aid-Budget-Andrew-Mitchell-Review-Means-16-Countries-To-Stop-Receiving-British-Aid/Article/201103115943192?f=rss

Under the plans, nations including Angola, Kosovo, Vietnam and Cambodia will no longer receive aid from Britain.

Russia and China will also be stripped of millions of pounds a year, as the coalition focuses more overseas aid on volatile states like Afghanistan and Somalia.

But the Government has been criticised for merely freezing funding for India - a country with its own space programme - at £280m for four years.

It seems sensible to look into who gets aid. I find it incredible that the last government was sending aid to China & Russia countries with some of the lagest millitary spending and both managing to pay for space programmes. Lets hope the next review does the same with India, and we concentrate on areas where the need is real.

Amazing we've actualy been giving aid to China and Russia, and India where there are more £Bilionairs than in the UK.

What I find most disgusting is the plan to give over £400million to Pakistan the main indoctriation centre and training ground of the terrorists who've attacked this country.

Well Harriet Harman is backing it.

What I find most disgusting is the plan to give over £400million to Pakistan the main indoctriation centre and training ground of the terrorists who've attacked this country.

Pakistan are one of our main allies in the war in Afghanistan.

This is yet another example of the super rich (David Cameron, Nick Clegg), who are obsessed with making themselves appear 'compassionate' on the world stage, taking money from the poor in this country and redistributing it to the rich and the corrupt overseas.

The amount of spin in this post is making me giddy.

Firstly, can you tell me (with links) just how much the Boy Cameron and Cleggie are worth. Then compare it to the likes of hedge fund managers who earn billions just in bonuses.

Even Rupert Murdoch, with a net worth of $6.3 billion, is only the 116th richest person in the world.

Cameron is certainly very wealthy, but super rich? He's a long way from Carlos Slim Helú at $70 billion.

So by your (ahem) logic, they are only maintaining the pretense of being compassionate by spending this money. I guess by not spending it, they really would be being compassionate? :huh:

Don't forget that overseas aid didn't start in May last year. You'll find it's been going on for decades.

Archived