Advice please dads rights?

hi there every one .. i have a 7yr old son who not seen his dad since he was 14mths , naw he come out wood work and got my number naw he wants to see him,, i not got a problem if he not going to let him down again jst dont want my littel boy getting hurt x

Every parent should get the chance to know their child unless they have harmed them in some way etc. However, as your son hasn't seen him for such a long time I would take things really slowly.

Get yourself some legal advice on what his and your rights are so you know where you stand. Does your son know about him, have you discussed things with him? Maybe they could start with letters or phone conversations to ease him into it? Maybe a contact centre once you and your son are happy with the situation.

There are many options for you but only you can choose which option to take.

Every parent should get the chance to know their child unless they have harmed them in some way etc.

He had his chance. We don't know the details, but it sounds like the father was in contact until the child was 14 months old.

You get as many chances with your kid as your kid gets at life. One.

After that someone who cares about the kid has to decide what is best for the kid. That might be seeing his father, it might not. It's for the adult that knows both parties to decide. Just don't let it become personal - don't use the kid as a weapon to be used in a battle between adults.

He had his chance. We don't know the details, but it sounds like the father was in contact until the child was 14 months old.

You get as many chances with your kid as your kid gets at life. One.

After that someone who cares about the kid has to decide what is best for the kid. That might be seeing his father, it might not. It's for the adult that knows both parties to decide. Just don't let it become personal - don't use the kid as a weapon to be used in a battle between adults.

So you don't believe in second chances? You don't believe that a child should have a chance to know his father at an age where he actually knows what's going on?

The point is that we don't know the details and as such we can't judge the op's decision to consider allowing them to meet. It's about what is best for the child, that's what the op has to decide along with her son.

So you don't believe in second chances? You don't believe that a child should have a chance to know his father at an age where he actually knows what's going on?

The point is that we don't know the details and as such we can't judge the op's decision to consider allowing them to meet. It's about what is best for the child, that's what the op has to decide along with her son.

Your first chance is automatic.

After that it depends on what is best for the child - not what is best for anyone else.

As you say, we don't know the details, so as I said in my first reply, we can't really advise.

yes he nos about him he been asking about him , i think he should meet as i do belive in second chances , jst dont want my son to get hurt if he decides to run off again, he jst dint turn up one day and not seen him since , but he was only 20 at the time so maybe he done some growing up but he got other kids he dunt see one of who is in same class as my son ..

Archived