Selfish Parents at X Factor

i personally wouldnt drag my children out just cos i wanted a cig but thats just me.

maybe there were other motives to the parents leaving rather than their need to smoke? maybe the kids were getting tired? needed a wee? they were hungry? had enough and were getting restless of sitting in one spot too long? maybe they had seen the act they wanted to the most and were now showing off? 4 hours in one spot may seem acceptable to an adult even one who does smoke but to a child it could be tortue. the list could be endless and as a parent i know these factors do occur and i for one would take my child home if any of the above happened.

maybe there were other motives to the parents leaving rather than their need to smoke? maybe the kids were getting tired? needed a wee? they were hungry?

I'd imagine they are allowed to use the toilet. They are not allowed outside (to smoke) and then let back in again is nearer the truth, although I wasn't there so it is a guess.

I'd imagine they are allowed to use the toilet. They are not allowed outside (to smoke) and then let back in again is nearer the truth, although I wasn't there so it is a guess.

you may be right but there is no way i would spend that much money on tickets to see the show then throw it all away for the sake of a quick smoke but maybe im being naive in thinking most parents will see it like me.

i know they are allowed to use the toilets but some kids like playing the lets go to the toilet 20 times in 30 mins when i dont even need to go cos im bored and fed up of this now but dont wanna go home just yet, my son loved this game :mad:

you may be right but there is no way i would spend that much money on tickets to see the show then throw it all away for the sake of a quick smoke but maybe im being naive in thinking most parents will see it like me.

i know they are allowed to use the toilets but some kids like playing the lets go to the toilet 20 times in 30 mins when i dont even need to go cos im bored and fed up of this now but dont wanna go home just yet, my son loved this game :mad:

I know a couple of them for sure were for the reasons I stated. There are doors near the toilets and LOOOONG queues - long enough to see things play out before your eyes.

Granted there probably were some people leaving beacuse of young kids and school the next day, but when your getting closer to loos because young ones are being dragged off my nicotine starved parents, its not hard to hear their reasons.

It makes me wonder if there are any people left who can or would or did give up smoking while pregnant.

I was there again a number of weeks ago and a guy and his heavily preggers female companion actually kicked up a stink about not being allowed to re enter if they went for a smoke. The bloke kicked the bar on the door to open it, lit 2 smokes and pased both to his lady companion as he hunched over and hurled.

It was a lovely gesture to see her take his hand while he was turning out the contents of his stomach, though. :gag:

Archived