What do you like about Sheffield?

Hi,

i am carrying out survey about Sheffield.

My question is rather broad, and it is meant to be.

I would just like to gather opinions about Sheffield as a place to live & work

so please feel free to say almost anything (im sure there is rules on this forum) about sheffield:

What qualities of sheffield do you like?

What do you dislike?

Where are you favourite spots to spend time?

What do you feel is missing from the city and local community?

Are there enough public buildings/exhibitions/etc?

Are there enough green spaces?

What would you add to the city & it's suburbs?

*the list is endless*

please free to comment, it would be much appreciated.

many thanks

Bob

I can see plenty of green which is important to me and I wish the supermarkets would give sheffield a break and go and build somewhere else.

I havent worked in the city centre for years but it was always a good laugh with staff and customers back in the day.

I would add more places for teenagers to keep them occupied causing less anti social behaviour, and more pubs with large heated outdoor smoking areas.

Most things I enjoy doing seem to be situated within areas I wouldnt go to alone at night so maybe Id add something way to expensive like having them policed more and cutting down the crimes that I avoid by not going unless im dropped off.:roll:

The thing I like most about Sheffield is the local feel about it, Englands biggest village. You get the benefit of living in a big city but it still feels very welcoming and not pretencious.

I love the greenery in the city and even though it wasn't the case when I moved here, the city centre it looking great these days.

The only thing I would like to change about Sheffield is I would love for it to have more independent, quaint, specialsed shops and less of the Big Department stores such as Debenhams, Marks etc.

I would like to get rid of some of the cheap pound shops also as there is only so many that we actually need.

What qualities of sheffield do you like?

What do you dislike? The lack of a decent nightlife (Clubs to suit varying tastes in music)

Where are you favourite spots to spend time? Peace Gardens, Winter Gardens

What do you feel is missing from the city and local community? A vibrant nightlife that caters for all.

Are there enough public buildings/exhibitions/etc? No opinion

Are there enough green spaces? Yes

What would you add to the city & it's suburbs? A vibrant nightlife and cleaner suburbs

(the suburb of Sharrow for example is in need of real good scrub up)

I really do feel the public transport services here in Sheffield are excellent. I can get anywhere real quick.. and I leave the car at home. Bus .. tram .. trains .. all so regular and spot on for time keeping. That's 'my' opinion... or am I just lucky ?

I really do feel the public transport services here in Sheffield are excellent. I can get anywhere real quick.. and I leave the car at home. Bus .. tram .. trains .. all so regular and spot on for time keeping. That's 'my' opinion... or am I just lucky ?

touching on that but deviating slightly, my one dislike about the buses were those larger than life numbers that flashed into view periodically so by the time you realised it was the bus you wanted it was too late to put your bloody hand out to flag it.......