What do you like about Sheffield?

Having moved away from Sheffield 7 years ago I have to say that the thing I miss the most is Meadowhall. To have so many different shops under one roof, free parking, to be able to go and do your shopping whenever you want (late night shopping!) - what bliss - these are the things I took for granted when I lived in Sheffield and now really miss.

Also having a cheap reliable bus service - although I know the good people of Sheffield think that they have a terrible service - believe me having used the transport system in Sheffield it is brilliant and SO CHEAP compared to where I now live. I can't afford to use the bus system here as it is far too expensive.

Oh and being able to shop in a market - although Castle Market isn't as good as it used to be years ago it's still nice having that CHOICE!

Although I do think it really sad that the moor has been so decimated and I do think that the Council were over ambitious as going on previous records it was a bit obvious that it was too ambitious and a miracle if it ever got off the ground!

Sadly the pound shops in the town centre seem to be blighting most small to medium sized towns these days.

As for the pubs closing, I hate to blame the management but they must be doing something wrong. I go from one side of Liverpool to the other every Friday on a real ale crawl and all are packed. The ones which close are those which only sell the bland tasteless fizz that is Carling, Carlsberg, Fosters, John Smith's and Guinness.

Plus I don't think you can blame the weather on anyone. Try Manchester where it rains far more often!

small to medium sized towns yes but sheffield (population wise) is greater than that of liverpool, so can't see why we have so many £ shops its ridiculous

I agree with a lot of the posters ere.

Sheffield is a good size, not to big so it's oppressive but not so small you can't get access to all the services you need.

5-10 minutes from the Peak District / Derbyshire and plenty of green space in the city itself!

Top Place!