‘Cannabis Raises Psychosis Risk' in teenagers

Ok then for the sake of clarity.

Still strange.

The subtle difference, leelax, is that Spindrift was referring to evidence whereas you are claiming he was referring to facts.

He was't talking about the effect of wearing jeans on psychosis; he was talking about the evidence for said effect.

I don't make any claims I just don't belive yours.

On the contrary, it's all there in black and white. I didn't make any claims and you did. You claimed that canabis is more intoxicating than alcohol

But a lot more intoxicating.

And causes road traffic accidents

I am 100% confident that anyone with a glimmer of common sense would say it is not safe to drive when you have had a joint.;);)..

You have failed to provide any evidence for either of these claims, and have tried to make out that the onus is on me to disporve what you are saying. If you claimed that canabis causes smokers to grow a second head, would the onus be on me to disprove that as well?

Sure the scientists/medics that have published in the British Medical Journal are well aware of that.

Of course they are, an honest study on this issue wouldn't be allowed in, due to legal/ethical reasons.

It is a correlation study, there's no evidence here that cannabis use causes psychosis, any more than psychosis (or the early undiagnosed stages of psychosis) causes cannabis use. Maybe both could be true, creating a feedback loop.

It could even be an unrelated 3rd factor causing both, maybe lower socio-economic status causes an increased risk of both cannabis use & psychosis.

I 'm sure I read all about this years ago-----still, I suppose scientists will continue to do any kind of research if someone is paying for it.

The problem is, with all the research about various social problems, followed then by warnings to teenagers et al [ ad nauseum ] about how they should or should not behave, never seems to help in reducing the problems by one iota.

Perhaps someone could do some research on the reaction of young people to constant Nannying and endless Good Advice ? I would guess that a lot of teenagers listen to it and ignore it......or listen to it and do the exact opposite. I can 't imagine for one minute a bunch of teenagers out ' on the town ' on a weekend night, just about to have more alcohol or about to smoke a joint.......or about to ' have it away ', thinking, " Oh, God, no I can 't after what I read Prof. Headcase say about it in his University of NNW California report ! "

The subtle difference, leelax, is that Spindrift was referring to evidence whereas you are claiming he was referring to facts.

He was't talking about the effect of wearing jeans on psychosis; he was talking about the evidence for said effect.

The evidence is provided by the op.

On the contrary, it's all there in black and white. I didn't make any claims and you did. You claimed that canabis is more intoxicating than alcohol

And causes road traffic accidents

You have failed to provide any evidence for either of these claims, and have tried to make out that the onus is on me to disporve what you are saying. If you claimed that canabis causes smokers to grow a second head, would the onus be on me to disprove that as well?

You said I am wrong. put up or shut up.

Archived