‘Cannabis Raises Psychosis Risk' in teenagers

And now we must call love a drug because 'Bryan Ferry' said so in a song:loopy:

I define anything intoxicating to be a drug (that's what a drug does, it intoxicates the body).

Now, stop being childish in your attempts to justify your chosen recreational drug.

Why are people constantly unable to have an opinion on cannabis without comparing it to alcohol?

One can hold seperate opinions on drugs and make comparisons overall. Alcohol is the obvious comparison because it is the most widely used recreational drug in the world. Avoiding it would be like avoiding the elephant in a room while we discuss how a sparrow may damage the wallpaper.

One can hold seperate opinions on drugs and make comparisons overall. Alcohol is the obvious comparison because it is the most widely used recreational drug in the world. Avoiding it would be like avoiding the elephant in a room while we discuss how a sparrow may damage the wallpaper.

In a thread titled "Cannabis Raises Psychosis Risk in teenagers" I think avoiding it would be completely sensible actually.

I've already done that in my original post.

Hi Bassman. You seem to have missed the question I asked you. Here it is again. In response to:

And you believe everyting that the government says.

I wrote:

No. Neither do I believe everything dictionaries say. Do you?

Care to answer?

Also, to help you to dispel your misconception, here is part of the definition of "drug" from your beloved Oxford English Dictionary:

a substance taken for its narcotic or stimulant effects

Do you deny that this definition applies to alcohol?

In a thread titled "Cannabis Raises Psychosis Risk in teenagers" I think avoiding it would be completely sensible actually.

Not overly. If we can agree with the scientists who made the report then so be it, but it does lead on to a comparison. Alcohol is a dangerous drug and yet that is legal. It's a fair statement to make, no?

Not overly. If we can agree with the scientists who made the report then so be it, but it does lead on to a comparison. Alcohol is a dangerous drug and yet that is legal. It's a fair statement to make, no?

We will continue to disagree on the matter so I wont try to convince you further. In my opinion it's a ridiculous comparison. They are such different drugs that comparison between the two is completely pointless.

Why are people constantly unable to have an opinion on cannabis without comparing it to alcohol?

They are completely different and I find it ridiculous to compare them in this way, it doesn't make any sense.

Possibly because some people would like to have a pass time that they enjoy, rather than having to stick to the one enjoyed by all the people with "problems" and so compare the two as the legal one is the one that causes real expensive problems for the whole country,and for those who dont want to engage, but would rather stop in with a smoke and a bag of jelly tots,well they are having to pay too, and then if thats not bad enough, their pass time that causes little to no problems for anyone else is constantly used as some kind of mental problem where every smoker gets sectioned, so what if the odd person needs extra mental health care in the event they have smoked too much and let it rule them, its not gonna be as costly as the thousands the <REMOVED> heads cost us!

but I wouldnt know.

Heavy drinking is a high risk factor for Alzheimer's.

Heavy drinkers often smoke, heavily.

Smoking has been shown to be protective wrt Alzeihmer's.

It has also been shown there is a risk factor for heavy smokers (whom are heavy drinkers) for Alzeihmer's, but it is lower than for heavy drinkers whom don't smoke.

Drinking isn't very healthy, and I do more than my fair share of drinking, perhaps I shouldn't, but the alternatives (for myself personally) are illegal, I do them too, don't get me wrong, but generally not as often and not in public.

I'm generally a like-able pothead and an annoying drunk.

What day is it?

Archived