‘Cannabis Raises Psychosis Risk' in teenagers

Alcohol is not a drug! if you insist I will once again print the true Oxford Dictionary defintion of alcohol which never mentions the word drug.

Yes it is. ''Alcohol, known technically as ethanol, is a powerful psychoactive chemical, affecting many different functions in the central nervous system (i.e. the brain and spinal cord), such as memory, sleep and inhibition.''

I'm not the one claiming it either is or isn't dangerous to drive on canabis. You are. Presumably you have based this belief on some information. The onus is therefore on you to share it.

In other words you just wish to argue without substance which is all everyone of your replies has done.

If you wish to dissagree with a post at least have a valid reason.

If cannabis use causes psychosis, how come only 2% of the population are affected, despite an explosion in cannabis use?

Keele University research 2009.

British investigators at Keele University Medical School compared trends in cannabis use and instances of schizophrenia in the United Kingdom from 1996 to 2005.

The research showed that even as marijuana use soared among the general population, “incidence and prevalence of schizophrenia and psychoses were either stable or declining” during this period.

The authors concluded that an expected rise in diagnoses of schizophrenia and psychoses did not occur over the decade under study. “This study does not therefore support the … link between cannabis use and incidence of psychotic disorders,” the study concludes, adding

" “This concurs with other reports indicating that increases in population cannabis use have not been followed by increases in psychotic incidence."

Just because certain people choose to redifine alcohol it does not make it the proper defintion.

The title of this topic is ‘Cannabis Raises Psychosis Risk' magilla has tried to hijack it and take it off topic to cause argument and get if closed.

Ask Bassman. He's the one who is saying it does.
No the courts did when jailing George Michael after he crashed his car whilst high on cannabis.

This thread is titled ‘Cannabis Raises Psychosis Risk'

No, as I said, it's an assessment based on reports I've read in the past that I can't be bothered to find the links for.

I have read reports on this and seen a driving demonstration. As in this thread there are conflicting opinions but one agreed assessment is that it changes your percetion. The amount used may be the defining point.

Archived