How long does it take to pass a driving test on average?

I'm 16 (very nearly 17) and naturally, I will be taking driving lessons and hoping to eventually pass. I was just wondering how long this tends to take on average? I was under the impression it would take around 4 months.

Also any tips/ advice would be appreciated. Oh and insurance recommendations please.

I'd think it'd take a lot more than 4 months, unless you had 3 lessons per week or maybe more.

It took me 8 months, and I passed on my 3rd test. I think it's completely reliant on the person, I'm sure some people may pass after 1 lesson a month for 4 months, but I can't see it been very many.

Have you looked at insurance quotes? Just use go compare and the like, and put in a really basic car.. You'll probably cry when you see the quote you get.

You will find that the answers from the females will be in the years rather than months,but an average male will take only a few months but thats down to the individual.

I passed with no lessons 3 weeks after my 17th anything is possible.

Archived