How long does it take to pass a driving test on average?

12 lessons?! I don't know anyone who's passed in 12 lessons, surely they'd have to have some sort of driving knowledge to pass after 12.

Was either 12 or 15 cant remember, wasnt many and didnt take long, I had previousley had short goes in mates cars, but other than that was quite a beginner.

I am a quick learner though.

Was either 12 or 15 cant remember, wasnt many and didnt take long, I had previousley had short goes in mates cars, but other than that was quite a beginner.

I am a quick learner though.

Ooh, well done you! :)

I suppose you have to take into consideration tests too, I turn into a wreck as soon as I get in a test environment, which meant I failed 2 tests due to stupid mistakes because of nerves.

• 2 weeks later...
You will find that the answers from the females will be in the years rather than months,but an average male will take only a few months but thats down to the individual.

I passed with no lessons 3 weeks after my 17th anything is possible.

I dont believe you...nobody can get into a car with no lessons and drive it,never mind pass a test

The DSA suggest between 40 and 45 hours of lessons on average - so six months of preparation for the practical test, roughly, and then only one in three drivers pass first time.

Always better to get some private practice in as well.

Always better to know the theory comprehensively (avoid goofing in the practical test for not knowing what to do) so buy and read/absorb the Highway Code and "Driving: the essential skills" rather than just scrape a pass by skimming the theory with practice tests. (DSA are stopping publishing the bank of questions next year and presumably will be revamping the questions.)

Go and register on DriveIQ.co.Uk as well for extra input (free) and/or consider DriveIQ PRO (£99 - a BTEC Award in Driving Science) and get a much discounted insurance quote for both before and after passing.

Good luck.

You will find that the answers from the females will be in the years rather than months,but an average male will take only a few months but thats down to the individual.

I passed with no lessons 3 weeks after my 17th anything is possible.

How would you know how long girls/women take to pass?

You are so wrong, anyway.

There is no discernible pattern, each male or female driver comes to the task of driving with a set of abilities and/or weaknesses that has very little to do with gender.

That's not me being pc, it's the plain truth.

Archived