Virgin Media Customer Service - Indian call centres. Arrrgh.

On the whole, how have your experiences with VM Indian call centres been?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. On the whole, how have your experiences with VM Indian call centres been?

• Positive.
    • Negative
    • Never use them. I use another route of sorting the problem.

Do you have any negative experiences with VM's Customer Service?

The entire process is a negative experience.

It's so bad I don't even attempt to phone them now. I send an email saying I'd like to terminate my service, then sit back and wait for them to phone me. Invariably it's someone who can actually fix issues and get things sorted.

Works a charm.

I had an appalling experience with Virgin Media when we recently moved house. They just couldn't seem to sort out a basic switch of service from one address to another. I could go on and on and on, but I won't.

One thing though, why do these companies put people in their call centres who seem to have a poor grasp of spoken English, which is backed up by very strong Indian accents. It's almost as though they want to talk to their customers.

I'm thinking of leaving them after my year is up.

I'm a customer, yet they barrage me with nonsensical calls from India asking for me to pay £2 extra a month for XYZ. The buggers can't even speak English.

When you walk through town now they often have people pounce upon you and try to get you to sign up.

I think I'll move to plusnet. I've had good word of mouth recommendations. That was the reason I joined virginmedia, but my views are changing. The internet service they provide is very good, but the nuisance calls etc are very annoying.

I can get a good service elsewhere without the BS.

One thing though, why do these companies put people in their call centres who seem to have a poor grasp of spoken English, which is backed up by very strong Indian accents. It's almost as though they want to talk to their customers.

They see it as why should I pay someone £6/hr and have them be understood so more repairs etc get booked & carried out costing more when I can pay someone £6/month, they aren't understood and repairs aren't logged right so don't get booked

As thread title.

Arrrgh.....is all I have to say right now. I'll be back later to post when I've calmed down.

Do you have any negative experiences with VM's Customer Service?

I can relate to your frustration- they do my head in.

On a few occassions I have managed to email and had a reasonable response but recently had to phone in- they can barely hear the caller( I was almost shouting more due to my frustration with the customer services girl) and I when she did speak it was not even clear or straight to the point- so I hung up.

Anyway first call was to do with the router and they said I could buy a USb adaptor from them for £30. This never arrived- so I bought one from PC World. (3 weeks ago). Then last week they email me and say ' we're sending you a USB adaptor FREE':|

I told them I bought one but it came in the post and now I don't even need it.

Archived