Virgin Media Customer Service - Indian call centres. Arrrgh.

On the whole, how have your experiences with VM Indian call centres been?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. On the whole, how have your experiences with VM Indian call centres been?

• Positive.
    • Negative
    • Never use them. I use another route of sorting the problem.

Unreal - as with all Indian Call Centres they are terrible. Who on earth had the bright idea of outsourcing these things to people who cant even speak the same language as the people they are serving? I loved Virgin as a product - I had FO broadband and it was amazing but needing to speak with them would take all evening and usually get me nowhere. Sky are the same, as they have a monopoly between them what can we do (actually sky have some Scots too but they are equally hard to understand!).

Unreal - as with all Indian Call Centres they are terrible. Who on earth had the bright idea of outsourcing these things to people who cant even speak the same language as the people they are serving? I loved Virgin as a product - I had FO broadband and it was amazing but needing to speak with them would take all evening and usually get me nowhere. Sky are the same, as they have a monopoly between them what can we do (actually sky have some Scots too but they are equally hard to understand!).

Have you ever thought that the problem may be that you are the one that doesn't speak properly? I speak to people at these call centres regularly and have no problem understanding or being understood.

I found the Virgin customer services particularly bad - not so much the fact that their grasp of English is bad but they are obviously just reading from a script and if you ask them for any info not on the script they are completely lost. I tried to upgrade to an HD box and they were so useless that after three calls I sent them an email and got things sorted straight away. It's a real shame as I find Virgin pretty good - but their customer services really let the side down :(

Have you ever thought that the problem may be that you are the one that doesn't speak properly? I speak to people at these call centres regularly and have no problem understanding or being understood.

Perhaps like yourself they speak fluent troll? I'd argue a while but I have no desire to tackle an army the size of yours manofstrad. Even this post is a true David and Goliath story aint it....

Change the record, we are not amused.

Witty, thats good! Did you discuss it amongst yourselves or do you take it in turns posting? And no I wont change the record. Your a massive, massive troll! I hope other users are aware of that, I am sure though that the regulars are. I may however stop responding to your posts as I dont believe in feeding trolls!

The Indian call centres are far cheaper to run than UK based, and as Virgin Media is a business they can hardly be blamed for cost cutting in a recession. Given time the Indian call centre staff will become better at their jobs. Patience is a virtue.;):)

I have been having this issue with capitol one India! they owe me £125, trying to communicate that they have sent it to the wrong address where I have not lived for 2 years is getting right on my nerves, all they say is "ok aanother cheque is on its way"

I swear they are only trained to speak certain english words that their employers feel might come up in conversations, we could not understand each other.

To top it off, last time I rang they had cricket on in the background and I could hear all their collegues clapping away, i think the capitol one call centre is in someones living room in India, so good luck with the virgin call centre.

ive found the way to get my issues sorted is to simply go to the virgin shop in town and ask them questions about my media account whilst fluttering my eyelashes.

they always say they cant help...but some how they manage to give me number which are clearly getting through to uk based call handlers....which helps massively! ;)

x

Archived