Virgin Media Customer Service - Indian call centres. Arrrgh.

On the whole, how have your experiences with VM Indian call centres been?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. On the whole, how have your experiences with VM Indian call centres been?

• Positive.
    • Negative
    • Never use them. I use another route of sorting the problem.

I found the Virgin customer services particularly bad - not so much the fact that their grasp of English is bad but they are obviously just reading from a script and if you ask them for any info not on the script they are completely lost. I tried to upgrade to an HD box and they were so useless that after three calls I sent them an email and got things sorted straight away. It's a real shame as I find Virgin pretty good - but their customer services really let the side down :(

Where did you email? I have precisely the same issue. I have a telewest box that was the first box we got when everything went digital. It's cr*p and it loads soooo slow. I used to be a sky customer and their hardware is so responsive and is lovely to use. I was hoping to see if I could get their latest box or some assistance but the indian call centre guy "trevor" didn't have a response on his script so put me on hold while he watched the test match in the background.

ive found the way to get my issues sorted is to simply go to the virgin shop in town and ask them questions about my media account whilst fluttering my eyelashes.

they always say they cant help...but some how they manage to give me number which are clearly getting through to uk based call handlers....which helps massively! ;)

x

Can you put the uk number up here please,I got the indian call centre yesterday and my chap wanted to be called charles,a bit more upmarket name but i could not undertand a word he said.

I had my wall knocked down by a car a month ago it disturbed the cable and i have not had a landline since then.

Can you put the uk number up here please,I got the indian call centre yesterday and my chap wanted to be called charles,a bit more upmarket name but i could not undertand a word he said.

I had my wall knocked down by a car a month ago it disturbed the cable and i have not had a landline since then.

im sorry, according to the issues ive had its just been scrawled on the paperwork relevant to the time and has since been filed.

ill have a look and if i find anything, ill post it up :)

x

Where did you email? I have precisely the same issue. I have a telewest box that was the first box we got when everything went digital. It's cr*p and it loads soooo slow. I used to be a sky customer and their hardware is so responsive and is lovely to use. I was hoping to see if I could get their latest box or some assistance but the indian call centre guy "trevor" didn't have a response on his script so put me on hold while he watched the test match in the background.

I just used the support email - though it is slightly hidden on the website! support@virgin.net

I never understand the problem with Indian call centres, I can always understand them, the most I've ever had to do is ask for a few words repeated. Maybe it's the practice I had trying to understand odd accents when I moved to Sheffield :P

the only issue i have with them is thier helpful advice

" have you tried switching it off, waiting 30 seconds and turning it back on? "

"yes ive done this several times before calling you"

" ok ill sort an engineer for next week"

• 1 year later...

:rant: Open 8am to midnight, happy to take your call, so whos the damn Indian whos been given the words "sorry" and "i will get someone to call you back in the morning between 8-9" its his entire vocab :loopy: then when i get the call back its another Indian, a girl this time and she has a cold and spends alot of time snorting down the phone, (is it because i am british that i expect more?) again with limited english she explains that she will get someone to call me back :rant:, when eventually i do get through to an english speaker i ask what the system for complaining is, in writing and posted, i said "is this virgin MEDIA ?" i have to write in an age that use fibre optic, electronic mail and speeds of upto lightspeed...i have to write ?

You know, times are hard and job are becoming a myth...this is why, give the damn job to someone in this country, perhaps we should be taxing the companies that use external labour...gits :hihi:

:rant:over

wife advice...its character building :huh:

:loopy: And it turns out the damn idiots at Virgin dont have a copy of the sales agreement...feel sure there is some advantage in there for me but am sure they will have a line of small print that covers it.

i asked the Indian girl to do some math, 58.90 / 2 then x 6...she went to get a supervisor :hihi: the one that owns a calc me thinks :roll::hihi::hihi:

always funny after

Archived