Prescription charges scrapped in Scotland.

It has been announced that Scotland will follow N. Ireland and Wales in scrapping prescription charges.

Scottish born students do not have to pay university fees at Scottish universities.

How can they afford to do this when England the largest of the countries can not ?

It has been announced that Scotland will follow N. Ireland and Wales in scrapping prescription charges.

Scottish born students do not have to pay university fees at Scottish universities.

How can they afford to do this when Britain the largest of the countries can not ?

Whoa, mass exodus to Scotland:hihi::hihi::hihi:

The Barnett Formula is responsible for it.

For every GBP the government spends 85p, 10p and 5p go to England, Scotland and Wales respectively.

Taking into account population, Scotland receives more per head than England so can afford to abolish tuition fees and prescription charges...and look after it's people.

And why does this continue to be the case? Because Scotland has the oil...well most of it. For it to devolve completely may be disastrous to the UK economy..in the short term anyway. As we all know it is not indefinite and there are also issues about boundaries.

But basically the Barnett Formula is responsible.:)

How can they afford to do this when Britain the largest of the countries can not ?

Don't you mean England is the largest of the countries in Britain?

I think I'm going back home. :wave: My kids are way too old for uni, and I get free prescriptions as a senior citizen, but they don't make you sell your home if you need to go into a nursing home in Scotland. ;)

I can't work out what we get here in England that they aren't spending money on. :confused:

Archived