Prescription charges scrapped in Scotland.

its nice to see englands billions a year in subsidies to the home nations has allowed them to scrap student fee's, prescriptions fee's and many many other things we still have to pay for. does this count as foriegn aid as these nations fought vigorously to have thier autonimous independance granted from english parliment, we're nothing but a country of mugs and muppets

It also has haggis, deep fried mars bars, chronic alcoholism, neeps ans tatties, kilts, heart disease and bagpipes.

But no Tories.

Big plus there.

That's good. So when we get shut of them from the UK we won't only save a fortune but we can kiss goodbye to a shed load of lefty MPs as well. COOL :cool:

That's good. So when we get shut of them from the UK we won't only save a fortune but we can kiss goodbye to a shed load of lefty MPs as well. COOL :cool:

Without Scotland, the Tories would have had an absolute majority at the last election.

Even with Scotland, they still would have had an absolute majority if Scottish constituencies were as large as English ones.

And why does this continue to be the case? Because Scotland has the oil...well most of it. For it to devolve completely may be disastrous to the UK economy..in the short term anyway. As we all know it is not indefinite and there are also issues about boundaries...

No it doesn't! Under international law, the ownership of the waters at the boundary between two adjoining countries is determined by the mean direction of the land boundary for a given (I can't remember what is is) distance from the shore. A line following that boundary is projected out into the sea.

The direction of the land boundary at (and before) the shore near the border on the East Coast is to the North of North East. - Scotland does have offshore mineral rights, but Scottish waters (around Aberdeen, for instance) only extend a few miles offshore. Everything to the right of the line belongs to England. :hihi::hihi:

Could you claim asylum in Scotland and become Scottish?

I thought Scotland was an asylum?;)

Without Scotland, the Tories would have had an absolute majority at the last election.

Even with Scotland, they still would have had an absolute majority if Scottish constituencies were as large as English ones.

The 'West Lothian question' would finally become irrelevant.

Scotland should be granted full independence immediately! I wonder what they'd charge for the electricity they generate?

Wales should be given independence too. I'm sure the people of Birmingham would be quite happy to pay whatever the Welshmen wanted to charge for water.

Perhaps England should have its own Parliament? - You could always boot out that bunch of rogues in the Palace of Westminster and start again.:hihi:

It also has haggis, deep fried mars bars, chronic alcoholism, neeps ans tatties, kilts, heart disease and bagpipes.

But no Tories.

Big plus there.

I think you mean no Tory MPs! There is one. ;) There are Tory councillors, and Tory MSPs & MEPs.

Archived