Would you let your children listen to Justin Bieber?

There isn't much that I would protect my children from. But images of a child singing eenie meenie lover with half naken women dancing round them is a bridge too far! This pre pubescent walking doller sign needs stringing up!!

Has anyone mentioned the Bieber Rolling Stone interview?

“I really don’t believe in abortion,” Bieber says. “It’s like killing a baby.” How about in cases of rape? “Um. Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I don’t know how that would be a reason. He looks confused. I guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge that.”

Some websites are in uproar about his appearing to say that rape happens for a reason.

Just thought I'd quote in case it hasn't been done already. Apologies if it has.

On topic I think most Rihanna songs are totally inappropriate for children but children will no doubt listen to them. Kylie too - who wants to hear their 8 year old daughter singing "all the lovers, that have gone before, don't compare to you..." or whatever it is.

hmmm. i personally dnt like justin beiber, and i dnt have children, but it isdnt exactly perfect for a child to listen too....

there are also many other videoes that arent exactly great though :/

Which other videos would you consider unsuitable for children?:)

Has anyone mentioned the Bieber Rolling Stone interview?

“I really don’t believe in abortion,” Bieber says. “It’s like killing a baby.” How about in cases of rape? “Um. Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I don’t know how that would be a reason. He looks confused. I guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge that.”

Some websites are in uproar about his appearing to say that rape happens for a reason.

Just thought I'd quote in case it hasn't been done already. Apologies if it has.

On topic I think most Rihanna songs are totally inappropriate for children but children will no doubt listen to them. Kylie too - who wants to hear their 8 year old daughter singing "all the lovers, that have gone before, don't compare to you..." or whatever it is.

What age group are you talking about?:)

Which other videos would you consider unsuitable for children?:)

there are many, in this day and age, it seems that all the music videos consist of are people that are wearing as little clothes as possible.. its becoming more aof the people in the video, than the song itself :/

What age group are you talking about?:)

I wouldn't like my 8 year old daughter singing some of the songs that feature in the charts now. That said, I'm enough of a realist to know that she would hear them, and probably like them. That doesn't mean to say I think its right, rather that its almost impossible to stop.

What was that Rihanna song "come on rude boy, is you big enough". Aside from the appalling grammar, is it really appropriate for children to be singing along with that, even if they don't know what it means fully.

As I say, I'm a realist, so I know kids will hear these things, but would question whether it's appropriate.

Archived