Scientific afterlife hypothesis

Regarding the uncertainty principle, I thought it applied to scales much smaller than molecular, ie at least atomic / sub-atomic?

I propose it would be possible to scan all the molecules in a body with enough accuracy to build a copy that would have all molecules in the right place - even if they were a 100th of an atom out of place when scanned, they would fall into the correct place due to the usual forces.

You are right that it deals with the sub atomic scale but a molecule is made up of atoms and the exact position, whereabouts and energy levels of the sub atomic particles in those individual atoms makes a big difference. So, in order to replicate a human exactly and keep its consciousness and memory intact any scan would need to know exactly where those particles were, their energy levels and their place and trajectory in each and every atom in the body. Any slight variation and molecular bonding could be affected. That's something that cant be done because of the uncertainty principle and the reason why Star Trek had to invent something to make it so.. ;)

It's not wishful thinking at all, it's a scientific hypothesis on the afterlife.

Which is the topic of discussion.

Sorry if you happen to have a problem with it.

The evidence of global warming suggests polar bears are drowning in great numbers too, doesn't mean that they are.

Just means they utilised a single photo of a polar bear on a block of ice to the best of its suggestive potential.

Ermmm, the point of hypothesis is that it makes falsifiable predictions that try to explain the current evidence. Your 'hypothesis' is meaningless conjecture.

You or someone spoke about a natural birth which is a new beginning, and it would be the same at the resurrection for we would be a new creation. The points you have made confirm this.

That's just gibberish, it would be a new instance, definitely not a resurrection, no matter how much you twist the words.

That's just gibberish, it would be a new instance, definitely not a resurrection, no matter how much you twist the words.

You are partly right in as much as we will be a new creation (instance) but what I am saying is that if life came from primeval sludge or whatever happened, I'm sure it can come from already existing DNA that has my ID stamped on it, so it will be me but my past will be wiped out.

"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye....the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed." (1 Corinthians 15:50)

You should read altered carbon by Richard Morgan, a good book and he explores some of the issues you just mentioned.

There's a series of books by Richard Morgan about the future, where we have all become Digitised Humans, and our consciousness is stored in a metal stack implanted in the spines of bodies ("sleeves") and the fastest way to travel to other worlds is a high speed data transmission directly into another sleeve at the destination.

I have! Have you read the two sequels?

If I was brain dead I would still be me.

Also, being brain dead wouldn't alter that you'd still had your past experiences, even though you'd lost the record of them.

A copy of you, physically perfect (although there'd be differences in reality, fillings maybe, old stress fracture on a bone, etc, etc...) wouldn't, clearly it wouldn't be you, brain dead or not.

Archived