Scientific afterlife hypothesis

There is no evidence to suggest that the universe is infinite, all the evidence we have suggests otherwise. Your opinion is just wishful thinking.

How is it wishful thinking? Digsy is simply saying that we used to think the universe is "X" big but we can now observe that it is at least "Y" big, and in the future as technology advances we most probably will observe it to be at least "Z" big.

So far there is only evidence to suggest the universe is only "Y" big but it would be narrow-minded to say that it can't be any bigger.

Legally yes, but it would be hard to hold a conversation with you.

In a black box scenario, you'd find it difficult to prove that it was you...

Also, being brain dead wouldn't alter that you'd still had your past experiences, even though you'd lost the record of them.

A copy of you, physically perfect (although there'd be differences in reality, fillings maybe, old stress fracture on a bone, etc, etc...) wouldn't, clearly it wouldn't be you, brain dead or not.

Ah, but whether or not I can recall past events I would still be me, I will have received the gift of new life, my old life would be blotted out as though it had never happened (justification) and I could look forward to life with my friends and family who were also once dead in body and in spirit but are now alive.

Ah, but whether or not I can recall past events I would still be me, I had received the gift of new life, my old life would be blotted out as though it had never happened and I could look forward to life with my friends and family who were also once dead in body and in spirit but are now alive.

If you're talking about a physical copy of yourself (which is what you quoted) then no, it wouldn't be you. It'd be a copy.

Think about it this way, if the copy was made while you were still alive, would you think of it as actually being YOU?

If you're talking about a physical copy of yourself (which is what you quoted) then no, it wouldn't be you. It'd be a copy.

Think about it this way, if the copy was made while you were still alive, would you think of it as actually being YOU?

My DNA has not been copied. I would be the original brought to life by the same process that happened millions of years ago and this time it is for eternity. :thumbsup:

Matter never dies it only changes and we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

My DNA has not been copied. I would be the original brought to life by the same process that happened millions of years ago and this time it is for eternity. :thumbsup:

Matter never dies it only changes and we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

Okay, if you are talking about the same timescale it took for humans to develop/evolve the first time round, by the time it happened again, the earth would much likely be a very different environment (if it still exists!) and this environment would affect how you evolved physically, mentally and emotionally.

You might well be a carnivorous predator with wings and gills.

Okay, if you are talking about the same timescale it took for humans to develop/evolve the first time round, by the time it happened again, the earth would much likely be a very different environment (if it still exists!) and this environment would affect how you evolved physically, mentally and emotionally.

You might well be a carnivorous predator with wings and gills.

The basic building blocks are there, there will be a new heaven and a new earth and seeing as I have been "born again" from the same material I will be me.

Thank you.

The basic building blocks are there, there will be a new heaven and a new earth and seeing as I have been "born again" from the same material I will be me.

Thank you.

In that case you would probably die in the future environment very quickly.

Also, you're wandering off topic a little with the heaven and earth stuff, read the OP again.

In that case you would probably die in the future environment very quickly.

Also, you're wandering off topic a little with the heaven and earth stuff, read the OP again.

If you believe in life on other planets then you must believe life is sustainable on those planets and as people talk about more advanced societies they must have existed for a very long time, perhaps from before the earth was created?

Archived