Scientific afterlife hypothesis

So taking the atheist point of view which is that we evolved into what we are now, let me ask why it would not be possible to die and them in due process of time for the process to be repeated?

If it happened once then it has been proved it can happen.

So taking the atheist point of view which is that we evolved into what we are now, let me ask why it would not be possible to die and them in due process of time the process is repeated?

If it happened once then it has been proved it can happen.

I don't think dead cells could actually come back to life, through evolution or any other means. They may become part of something else's biological make-up over time

I don't think dead cells could actually come back to life, through evolution or any other means. They may become part of something else's biological make-up over time

Something came to life and presumably it was dead, or are you going to go into your usual mode and deny everything is impossible? Because first of all you have to accept the fact that we do exist and we came from dead matter (or did we) and that you cannot deny.

So I will ask again, if it happened once why can it not happen again?

Something came to life and presumably it was dead, or are you going to go into your usual mode and deny everything is impossible? Because first of all you have to accept the fact that we do exist and we came from dead matter (or did we) and that you cannot deny.

So I will ask again, if it happened once why can it not happen again?

I thought you might be actually opening your mind here and trying to take part in a constructive discussion, with your first post

but no, second post is straight into the attack.

All i said was that i don't think that dead cells can actually come back to life. They become part of another life if they are consumed, releasing their chemical energy and proteins/other building blocks etc.

Also, to "deny that everything is impossible" is a double negative, meaning that everything is possible. Which to an extent I agree with.

Also I do accept that we exist.

Also I can deny anything I like :D I just tend not to

I thought you might be actually opening your mind here and trying to take part in a constructive discussion, with your first post

but no, second post is straight into the attack.

All i said was that i don't think that dead cells can actually come back to life. They become part of another life if they are consumed, releasing their chemical energy and proteins/other building blocks etc.

Also, to "deny that everything is impossible" is a double negative, meaning that everything is possible. Which to an extent I agree with.

Also I do accept that we exist.

Also I can deny anything I like :D I just tend not to

Dead cells came to life, get real and accept it. The only other possibility is that life itself which is undefinable and cannot be measured has always existed.

So let me ask which is your preferred explanation.

Dead cells came to life, get real and accept it. The only other possibility is that life itself which is undefinable and cannot be measured has always existed.

I don't have an explaination, and I'm happy with that :D

Which cells came to life exactly?

Do you have to be so hostile ALL the time?

;

Maybe the neurons and grey matter that house our conscious are exactly that, just a housing, maybe our consciousness is a form unique energy in itself, and as energy cannot be created or destroyed, must continue on in some form.

I don't know, but the possibilty interests me

I find it absolutely amazing that the human brain can control all physical and mental functions in a person after seeing one.

This topic could be fascinating.

It is indeed a fascinating thing to speculate on. I imagine that, having accepted for the moment the OP's assumptions, the answer would have something to do with energy.

Specifically neuroelectric energy, ie. the electrical state of your brain as you died. The particular pattern would be important, I think.

So, if the electrical field emitted by your body can affect the air around you (and I'm not talking auras, or anything hippy like that, I mean the change in potential difference across different areas of your head, as measured by an EKG)then yes, to some extent your environment is altered by electrical impulses in your brain.

I don't think it's a massive conceptual jump to get from accepting that your mind generates a field strength outside your body to elements of your consciousness floating off into the ether.

Additionally, I feel sorry for the person that doesn't accept that they can have a soul, and I want to emphasise that we are not all made of dead cells that somehow came to life. Before the first living cell there were no cells, dead or otherwise.

Dead cells came to life

What a bizarre notion.

Life appeared in the form of cells (or more probably viruses but let's not fog the issue), having developed from earlier, non-living complex compounds. It didn't start off as a clump of dead cells and then spontaneously come to life. That would be an impossibility.

Guest sibon

Stop being silly.

Dead cells didn't come to life. There are other possibilities than the ones that you have posted.

You often post nonsense, but you have surpassed yourself this time.

Perhaps, just perhaps, those cells arose by chance. That seems much more likely to me than the existence of a loving, but vengeful God.

What do you think:cool:

Archived