Scientific afterlife hypothesis

If they manage to bring them back to life then the structures held in their brain will still be present. Those structures hold everything that makes them them, their memories and personality.

Taking your DNA and growing a new human wouldn't have any of the memories or experience that make you you, it would (self evidently) be a new person.

For crying out loud will you stop saying I would be a new human being, it is my original DNA which is the essential me. My body is irrelevant, my body is not me.

That isn't what I meant. I meant a blueprint is inert but as you say yourself DNA replicates, a blueprint doesn't, in other words DNA is living material.

I'd call wrong again. 'Living' is defined. DNA is not alive. you are alive. DNA is inert, it is the processes which act upon DNA that give DNA its power.

wiki 'life' for the widely accepted criteria of life:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life

For crying out loud will you stop saying I would be a new human being, it is my original DNA which is the essential me. My body is irrelevant, my body is not me.

This is exactly the point. Cyclone is correct. Why would he stop telling you something correct???

DNA is not 'YOU'

Do you get it yet?

I am not the things I have experienced. This conversation is not me.

It is good that we have reached a clear statement where independent people can judge and call who is right. There is no misunderstanding with what you state.

There is no need to continue discussing, as I fundamentally disagree. For the record I believe 'you' are what you experience combined with genetic pre-dispositions provided by genes through DNA.

It is good that we have reached a clear statement where independent people can judge and call who is right. There is no misunderstanding with what you state.

There is no need to continue discussing, as I fundamentally disagree. For the record I believe 'you' are what you experience combined with genetic pre-dispositions provided by genes through DNA.

What we experience moulds our personality and knocks a few rough edges off but I still say we are driven or pre-disposed by our genes and our DNA, so we reach partial agreement and I'm off the bed. :)

Archived