Scientific afterlife hypothesis

NO, because my DNA will not be copied, it will be me with new life injected. If I die this minute will my DNA change in any way?

All I will have will be a new body which may not be like my present body, but my body is not me.

I don't think Steven Hawkins body was him. He was greater than the sum of the total parts.

What we experience moulds our personality and knocks a few rough edges off but I still say we are driven or pre-disposed by our genes and our DNA, so we reach partial agreement and I'm off the bed. :)

So do you agree that homosexuality ISN'T a lifestyle choice and that it's pre-disposed too?

So do you agree that homosexuality ISN'T a lifestyle choice and that it's pre-disposed too?

I can agree it is in the genes which gives you a pre-disposition towards it.

That doesn't mean you have to follow you inclinations though and that goes for everyone whoever they are.

What we experience moulds our personality and knocks a few rough edges off but I still say we are driven or pre-disposed by our genes and our DNA, so we reach partial agreement and I'm off the bed. :)

And you finally get it, without the specific experiences of your life, a clone of you is a different person.

Except my brain will decay but my DNA won't. :)

Yes it will, it's just a part of your body like everything else, it's organic, bacteria will eat it, or worms or other animals, it will be digested and turned into part of some other life with no record of it's structure when you had it.

Yes it will, it's just a part of your body like everything else, it's organic, bacteria will eat it, or worms or other animals, it will be digested and turned into part of some other life with no record of it's structure when you had it.

Not according to ancient skeletons who can be checked for DNA.

This conversation alters your personality (a small amount) imparts some knowledge (if you'll listen) and becomes part of you. You are a product of the life you have lived.

No, I am a product of my mum and dad and their genes and I cannot change that and neither can you. All we can do is acknowledge our faults and failings along with our strengths and try to adapt our behaviour accordingly.

No, I am a product of my mum and dad and their genes and I cannot change that and neither can you. All we can do is acknowledge our faults and failings along with our strengths and try to adapt our behaviour accordingly.

So if you grew up in a war-torn country and experienced horrific acts daily, you would still be the same Grahame you are right now?

Nothing in your life has helped to make you who you are then? Growing up in a box without contact with anyone and you'd still be exactly the same as you are now.

You're just being ridiculous now.

Archived