Street fault reporting website

• 10 months later...
Reported the pot holes in 2 different areas of Sheffield on this website and they were filled within 2 days. :thumbsup:

Yet I reported 2 street lamps on my road that aren't working a WEEK ago as of yesterday and still we're in the dark.

how quickly lights get fixed depends on the complexity of the fault, if you call streetforce on 2734567 they will be able to give you an update about the lights.

I've been home all week. They haven't even been out to look at it & it's a simple case of the bulb needs changing.

They will usually attend at night so they can see if they attempt a repair on the spot whether it works or not (ie new bulb) or if it needs referring to electricians or even YE but if you call them they will give you an update as it is no fun being in darkness and by some chance your initial report was not logged then as least you can be sure it is logged and get the job ref number.

I copied this from sheffield.gov.uk-

If one or two lights on the street are out

Once we know about the fault we will:

Send our night crew within 1 or 2 days of the report to check if there is a live electricity supply to the column.

If there is a supply, we will check the fuse, lamp or photo cell and replace if needed. 75-80% of faults are repaired at this stage.

If there is no electricity supply or if the repair is not successful, we will put a yellow band around the column and arrange for our electricians to check the light in the day time. This will be done within 10 working days

Archived