Gas and electric best providers

you could try sainsburys they are doing a great deal at the moment , 4% cheaper for gas and electric the next 5 years plus you get a reward of £170 over the first year then it works out about £40 for every year after that , thats the offer i got quoted last night

If you register with quidco you can then go through their site to most of the search engines and utility companies and get even more cash back.

I've just swapped this week. Did all my research through moneysavingexpert, tried a few price comparison sites, discovered my cheapest option, went to Quidco and went directly to that provider - will get cash back of £62 as well as the cheaper deal.

You need to compare your usage on uswitch! It's all down to how much you use!

My grandma lives around the corner and she is better off on first ulitilty as she uses a lot, meaning once she goes over a set amount per month it's cheaper, but more to start with.

This same tariff is no good for me as I never go over the set amount, meaning I'd pay more!

So it's no good asking people who is best etc as it needs to be based on your usage!

Just had a fellow at the door from Southern Electric who tells me that both my electricity and gas suppliers are overcharging me. As if I didn't know!! He told me that his company sell fuel to British Gas and Npower and then they, (British Gas and Npower), sell it to me. He said he could show me how to reduce my bills by upwards of £300, that's without knowing how much my bills actually are. I told him to go away.

Do your own research with sites like uswitch etc.

Keep a record of your usage for both gas & electric (in kwh for a typical year)

Then you will know who beats who.

Best guy I ever had was from BG, I told him I wouldn't have BG if it was free - not many answers to that are there?

Archived