Gas and electric best providers

I was with EDF and paid about 20 quid a week by standing order on each, I dont know if thats normal as everywhere I have lived before has already had pre payment meters installed so kept em.

When I moved tuther week, they sent me a cheque for £250 quid for leccy, and a bill for £400 for gas, but I did have the heating on from about 7am til bedtime most of the time cos im nesh.... Anyway im with southern electric here so i will see how much wonga they want from me.... i did hear that EDF are the only company who dont charge more just for it being a pre paid meter which is good, cos its not fair charging more, especially as elderly people frequently opt for this method, thinking they are staying in control, then freezing to death.

Just had a fellow at the door from Southern Electric who tells me that both my electricity and gas suppliers are overcharging me. As if I didn't know!! He told me that his company sell fuel to British Gas and Npower and then they, (British Gas and Npower), sell it to me. He said he could show me how to reduce my bills by upwards of £300, that's without knowing how much my bills actually are. I told him to go away.

Was this in the S13 area, as my mum had the same bloke knock on her door the other day. Fortunately I was there at the time, so he wouldn't use the hard sell tactic on my mum.

Archived