What do you need to be a security guard/bouncer?

• 2 weeks later...

SIA Door Supervisor Course, I did mine at talent training though think those are for under 25 though the Job Centre May have more options for you if your unemployed. I got the course paid for, though the license you can either Pay for yourself, or talent training will pay for it once you get a job offer with a guaranteed post, The job centre dont pay for the license. At the end of the course with talent, i was interviewed by a guy from a security company who was hiring Door Supervisors (bouncers) i got offered a job, though i wanted to work either retail or static security, I couldn't do the doors personally lol. Good luck

Shame to see so many negative comments from such as Mecky, Sport Billy and Rampent. I find that its usually the ones who fail to acheive the required standard who seek to demean the efforts of others.

Also any responsible employer in the security industry should surely be carrying out vetting to BS7858 and a financial probity check before offering employment SIA license or not?

Shame to see so many negative comments from such as Mecky, Sport Billy and Rampent. I find that its usually the ones who fail to acheive the required standard who seek to demean the efforts of others.

Also any responsible employer in the security industry should surely be carrying out vetting to BS7858 and a financial probity check before offering employment SIA license or not?

Why on Earth would I want to be a bouncer/security guard? Those are jobs for little people.

I agree with puddingburner , been there done that and yes its all about reading people and prevention , stopping it before it kicks off , of course you need to be able to handle yourself when the time comes , but remember door staff work better as a team you go it alone and you will have claret on your hands.

I have changed my proffesion now and have become a bum doctor as i was so experienced at spotting all the different types of arseholes that go out fri, sat , sun.

On a serious note mate good luck, but remember its team work and supporting your colleagues that gets the best results. Bully

Archived