Used car advice-help

hi

i recently wrote my car off so am going this weekend to buy another.

i only have around £2k to spend and really like Peugeot 206's or a Renault Clio. I can get a 2001-2003 model with MOT for my budget, depending on the trim, but cant decide which would be better.

As ive had a couple of accidents, i need to have a small engine to try and keep insurance costs down. Ive seen a 1.1 Peugeot 206 but will this be really slow? As peugeot is lot bigger car than clio isnt it.

anyone who has owned either of these cars or anyone who has any advice, please help. i dont really know anyone mechanically minded who can help me choose so need all the help I can get!

I bought a 206 today. I love it!!

The reviews on the Autotrader website are really good if you want to read up on them. Mine is really nippy but it's a 1.4, same price to tax as a 1.1 and it's only cost 250 to insure for the year fully comp, I have 7 years no claims and i'm 32

(btw, if the car you have seen is at LK Motors near Manchester don't do it, If this is the one PM me and i'll tell all!!)

Just spotted this on google....

Recently bought car from lk motors in whitefield (rover 400) and I am having trouble already 8 days later , can't pm yet as the 5 post rule please pm me any info you have on them as I will be going trading standards asap

Thanks barry

I have a KA as a little runaround, (03 plate, just hit 40,000 miles), and I have never even had to put a bulb in it.

Someone on here said that they were prone to rust, but not a sign as yet.

One point though, mine is not brilliant on MPG.

hi

i recently wrote my car off so am going this weekend to buy another.

i only have around £2k to spend and really like Peugeot 206's or a Renault Clio. I can get a 2001-2003 model with MOT for my budget, depending on the trim, but cant decide which would be better.

my mate selling a ford ka spot on motor, going for restest on monday and it runs out of tax at end of august and will have a 12months m.o.t on it if ya interested

Archived