Labour increase majority in Barnsley as Lib Dems lose deposit.

Why not? When you don't bother it can be clearly very damaging to your party.

Then again when the party leader prefers to stay at his £1.5m London home or ski abroad than making a 15 mile trip from his home constituency maybe people think well if he can't be bothered then.....

The fact is that a skiing holiday was more important to Clegg than supporting the hard working LibDem campaigners and his actually pretty good candidate in in Barnsley. It was also more important than running the country, a duty he neglected when swanning off to the pistes.

Telegraph - Nick-Clegg-runs-out-of-credibility.html

and of course one believes everything that the Tory Graph portrays. If the Tory graph says so it must be true.

Cant you see what the media are doing. All this attention they give Clegg takes all the pressure off Cameron. It suits them down to the ground and the fact that he doesn't see the point in arguing with loutish labour Mps. Well..I can see where he is coming from on that one.

I think that if you look at the figures you will find that Labour actually lost 2,763 votes in less than a year.

1983 Roy Mason 21,847 votes

1987 Eric Illsley 26,139 votes

1992 Eric Illsley 27,048 votes

1997 Eric Illsley 28,090 votes

2001 Eric Illsley 19,181 votes

2005 Eric Illsley 17,478 votes

2010 Eric Illsley 17,487 votes

2011 Dan Jarvis 14,724 votes

It looks really strange when you consider that the previous MP had a possible jail sentence hanging over him before he was re-elected. Mind you, the new fella knew which 30 year old Barnsley buttons to push in his campaign and winners speech; Thatcher, Thatcher and more Thatcher.

Hopefully now that Dan Jarvis has secured his seat he will be eyes front from here on. Barnsley needs a decent MP.

and look at how many they have lost since 1983.

and look at how many they have lost since 1983.

Again, you ignore the turnout. This was a by-election where voter turnout tends to be lower. Historically turnout in this seat is 45% anywhere to 70%. Gaining 61% of a 45% turnout would have netted Labour about 18,500 votes. Labour hasn't lost what you think it has.

and of course one believes everything that the Tory Graph portrays. If the Tory graph says so it must be true.

Cant you see what the media are doing. All this attention they give Clegg takes all the pressure off Cameron. It suits them down to the ground and the fact that he doesn't see the point in arguing with loutish labour Mps. Well..I can see where he is coming from on that one.

Don't be ridiculous, of course I don't believe everything the Telegraph says but it seems to me that opinion left and right is mobilising against Clegg. There are even rumblings of a leadership challenge from within the LibDem grass roots.

Clegg is at sixes and sevens. Marginalised. Irrelevant.

Don't be ridiculous, of course I don't believe everything the Telegraph says but it seems to me that opinion left and right is mobilising against Clegg. There are even rumblings of a leadership challenge from within the LibDem grass roots.

Clegg is at sixes and sevens. Marginalised. Irrelevant.

Well it would wouldn't it.He is in the middle remember.

Well it would wouldn't it.He is in the middle remember.

No he's not unfortunately. Despite what looked like a textbook left-ish LibDem electoral campaign Clegg is actually a right-wing LibDem Orange Booker with views that align very well with Cameron's.

It wasn't clear during the general election just how far to the right the LibDem leadership had moved. We all found out that politically they could easily be right of centre Tories - Clegg, Laws, Davey and perhaps even Cable and Huhne. The electorate have been duped and they don't like it.

. The electorate have been duped and they don't like it.

The electorate will have their day ………… all the results wont be as decisive as the Barnsley vote but the Lib Dems know what they have coming.

Clegg to hold crisis talks after Barnsley by-election 'kicking'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363188/Clegg-hold-crisis-talks-Barnsley-election-kicking.html#ixzz1FoeGcFhO

No he's not unfortunately. Despite what looked like a textbook left-ish LibDem electoral campaign Clegg is actually a right-wing LibDem Orange Booker with views that align very well with Cameron's.

It wasn't clear during the general election just how far to the right the LibDem leadership had moved. We all found out that politically they could easily be right of centre Tories - Clegg, Laws, Davey and perhaps even Cable and Huhne. The electorate have been duped and they don't like it.

Ridiculous notion.Again, dont believe everything you read in the media.

Archived