Labour increase majority in Barnsley as Lib Dems lose deposit.

The people of Barnsley, like much of the north, gave up ages ago, they're not go-getters, people with a mentality of "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". They are back seat drivers, they dont make things happen, they want someone else to makes things happen to them, they want to be carried, they want to be subsidised heavily by the money makers down south, they want a party that will deliver this for them, that party is the Labour party.

The people of Barnsley, like much of the north, gave up ages ago, they're not go-getters, people with a mentality of "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". They are back seat drivers, they dont make things happen, they want someone else to makes things happen to them, they want to be carried, they want to be subsidised heavily by the money makers down south, they want a party that will deliver this for them, that party is the Labour party.

If that were all true, then the Labour vote in Barnsley would have been going constantly upwards; but it has not. The evidence is that the people of Barnsley are abandoning politics altogether, if anything.

Yeah, no surprise to see Labour elected in Barnsley. What I found interesting is that the two ' anti-mass immigration ' parties got about one third of the Labour vote-----and as far as I know, there aren 't masses of immigrants in Barnsley. Does this tell us anything ? It 's so complicated, trying to suss out people 's voting motives that I don 't know if we can make head or tail of it.

One thing does look obvious----the good burghers of Barnsley don 't seem to like

' wishy-washy ' parties like the Lib-Dems !

Quite the reverse; stating them as a percentage makes it look like Labour are still as popular as ever, which they self-evidently are not.

So stating what percentage of people in Barnsley voted for which party would give an inaccurate impression of who the electorate in Barnsley voted for. That's genius!

So stating what percentage of people in Barnsley voted for which party would give an inaccurate impression of who the electorate in Barnsley voted for. That's genius!

It's hardly genius, it blindingly obvious. Two-thirds of the electorate haven't voted for anybody, and your percentage tallies would completely ignore that fact.

An excellent result!

Labour has increased its share of the vote and retained the seat.

UKIP has beaten the Tories into second place.

The Tories share of the vote has reduced.

The BNP share of the vote has reduced.

An Independent has beaten the Lib Dems.

The Lib Dems came 6th in the poll, despite gaining 2nd place in May last year at the General Election.

The Lib Dems also lost their deposit as they couldn't even gain 5% share of the vote.

This result doesn't bode well for the Lib Dems in the forthcoming council elections.

Brilliant result, we could all see it coming exept that idiot turncoat, Nick Clegg. Lets see the end of the Lib Dems forever. I have always seen it as the 'sitting on the fence party'.

It's made my day...............

It's worse than that! Not only have they not picked up votes from the other parties, they've lost a large chunk of their own.

This is another statement that is mathematically impossible studying the result.

Archived