Labour increase majority in Barnsley as Lib Dems lose deposit.

I take it you don't work for a polling company or in statistics., As the turn out was down, all parties lost votes, but the other main parties lost proportionately more, thus indicating that they are proportionately less popular than Labour than they were before.

I pointed that out on page one, or early on page two. It's a bad result for everybody.

1983 Roy Mason 21,847 votes

1987 Eric Illsley 26,139 votes

1992 Eric Illsley 27,048 votes

1997 Eric Illsley 28,090 votes

2001 Eric Illsley 19,181 votes

2005 Eric Illsley 17,478 votes

2010 Eric Illsley 17,487 votes

2011 Dan Jarvis 14,724 votes

A victory? Hmm. Hopefully Dan Jarvis will become part of a credible opposition but halving your vote and continuing the decline over 14 short years looks more like like a massive kick up the arse to me.

This was won in a by election where there was 20% less people voting than at the general election, but he increased the share of the vote as well. Looking back at the general election when the lib dums came second and have even lost a deposit, you have to say they have been put back where they belong. Lets hope this continues in other elections where Clegg and the lib dums go back to oblivion where they belong

Canapes in the city for you or is it Leeds this week? Wrong forum now bore off.

That's typical Labour. Don't agree, send them top a re-education camp to make them think 'the right way'.

Anyway, not Leeds old chap. I'm at my home in Jakarta at the moment but considering spending the weekend at my country house in Central Java.

I see you posted at 10am. I'm guessing you're a dole scrounger as you aren't working at that time in a morning. Just got out of bed after a few dole supported beers have we?

This was won in a by election where there was 20% less people voting than at the general election, but he increased the share of the vote as well.

This is exactly the sort of muddled thinking you get when people look at percentages instead of the actual numbers. Labour's candidate has achieved less than nothing; he has less votes than Ilsley managed at the general election. The increased share only comes about because other candidates lost even more of their previous support; nobody has switched allegiance to Labour, and a sizeable chunk have taken their allegiance away from Labour and withheld it entirely.

That's typical Labour. Don't agree, send them top a re-education camp to make them think 'the right way'.

Anyway, not Leeds old chap. I'm at my home in Jakarta at the moment but considering spending the weekend at my country house in Central Java.

I see you posted at 10am. I'm guessing you're a dole scrounger as you aren't working at that time in a morning. Just got out of bed after a few dole supported beers have we?

Yeah that's it. Not unlike you then? You're on here 24/7. In planet reality my night shift begins at 10pm. And yes Labour are the best party this country has ever produced but I have voted for others during the Blair years in disgust so not a 'red rosette on a turd' sheep. I am perplexed by the upinwath title when you seem to have so many locations and consider South Yorkshire to be full of outdated n'er do wells who blindly vote Labour.

Yeah that's it. Not unlike you then? You're on here 24/7.

I'm luckier than you. You see I'm aware of the time difference between Indonesia and the UK.

It's GMT +7. That means I appear to be on line when plebs are working and dole scroungers are getting out of bed.

Although I'm glad Labour won UKIP are the real winners in the sense that Labour was always going to win so whoever comes second can be said to have influenced public opinion most outside the traditional parameters. And no I'm not a fan of UKIP.

Archived