Woman arrested over 'bang' remark to Pc blinded by Moat

It doesn't say so in the article, so how do you know?

It happened outside the front door and she was arrested on the fourth floor inside the building.

She said "Bang Bang" and pointed her hand as if it was a gun.

Threatening to kill could be a charge more suitable.

The operative word here is 'likely'. Just because in this instance it did not cause a breach of the peace, the fact that it could well have done is in my view sufficient grounds for prosecution in this case.

but behaviour 'likely' to cause a breach of the piece is a very fluid concept. some behaviour that is acceptable in one place can cause the breach in another. or the same behaviour in the same place but at different times or between different individuals. even if we say 'reasonably expected to...' it still doesn't fill me with much confidence.

but, in this woman's case she deserved a talking to, which is probably all she'll get. anything more is unreasonable, cruel and unusual.

but behaviour 'likely' to cause a breach of the piece is a very fluid concept. some behaviour that is acceptable in one place can cause the breach in another. or the same behaviour in the same place but at different times or between different individuals. even if we say 'reasonably expected to...' it still doesn't fill me with much confidence.

but, in this woman's case she deserved a talking to, which is probably all she'll get. anything more is unreasonable, cruel and unusual.

I'm not sure. Doing what she did to him was, given what happened to him a direct assault on him.

Archived