Woman arrested over 'bang' remark to Pc blinded by Moat

Did you get charged?

I did indeed and ended up in front of the magistrates where I was bound over in the sum of £50 to keep the peace for a year.

It might interest people to know that my use of the f word wasn't actually directed at the officers, rather than at the situation - my words were 'this is f ing ridiculous'.

Some people automatically assume that police are always and forever the bad guys; maybe she's one of those.

Maybe she's had a bad experience with the police in the past and saw this as an opportunity to "redress the balance"?

She said "Bang Bang" and pointed her hand as if it was a gun.

Threatening to kill could be a charge more suitable.

Threatening to kill with a loaded finger?:rolleyes:

I'm not sure. Doing what she did to him was, given what happened to him a direct assault on him.

i agree. but i don't think it warrants doing time for. don't think she's gonna do any though. not sure what the 'right' thing to do to her would be.

I did indeed and ended up in front of the magistrates where I was bound over in the sum of £50 to keep the peace for a year.

It might interest people to know that my use of the f word wasn't actually directed at the officers, rather than at the situation - my words were 'this is f ing ridiculous'.

a significant number of police are just on a power trip. same mentality as bouncers who go into it just for the ego trip. 'threatening behavior' can be anything from actually lunging at them to asking why they're stopping you or telling them you think they're wrong. they tend to forget they're not the law that the law's the law and make up all kinds of stuff.

which is why i worry about laws that require 'opinions' and 'judgment' on their part.

to be fair, though, there are many more good ones than bad ones. but the bad ones are bad.

I tend to agree, but note that the article says she was arrested under a public order offence - I'm guessing at behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

Hard to know without the full picture, but it could have been appropriate to arrest her if there had for example been others who heard the remark and tempers were getting hetaed.

if i had been there...then the fruit loop would have recieved two nice shiners...but at least when the swelling went down...her sight would have been restord....unlike the policeman....

if i had been there...then the fruit loop would have recieved two nice shiners...but at least when the swelling went down...her sight would have been restord....unlike the policeman....

thing is you would have ended up locked up too. i'd hazard a guess that if the blind guy had responded physically, if he could, he'd have found himself in court too.

now, i know what she did was disgusting, and morally reprehensible, but arresting her seems a bit much if 'all' she did was to say bang bang. what say you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-12621864?cid=dlvr.it

The link you provide states that Raoul Moat killed himself. Has that been proven as an out and out fact yet? I thought there was still a possibility that he had been killed by the police firing the illegal taser, a theory which looked increasingly likely, after the company director of the company that provided the tasers, later committed suicide.

The link you provide states that Raoul Moat killed himself. Has that been proven as an out and out fact yet? I thought there was still a possibility that he had been killed by the police firing the illegal taser, a theory which looked increasingly likely, after the company director of the company that provided the tasers, later committed suicide.

He is dead that's what counts

She deserved to be arrested.

The officer was doing his job, probably looking forward to getting home to his family and forgetting about work for a while. And then the next thing he gets shot at point-blank in the face. His whole life passed in front of him, he thought he was going to die.

If this woman didn't cause the officer harassment, alarm and distress bt her actions, it certailny would have done other people around at the time, It did me and I wasn't there!

People forget that Police officers are human beings too!

Archived