Fri 4th March 2011 Live Music Theatre, Comedy and Shows

MaxLive

Hello

Here are the listings for Friday I have found from my search of over 50 venues in Sheffield.

Each week I check out the listings of over 50 venues across Sheffield for live music, theatre, comedy and shows, which I send out by email each week. Below I have listed those I have found for today. The listings for the rest of the coming month on my blog at http://www.sheffieldwhatson.blogspot.com.

Sheffield What's On, Free Live Entertainment Weekly Listing sign up

Contact details and weblinks for the venues can be found on the blog.

Johnny Dickinson MUSIC Evening The Boardwalk

Black Rising MUSIC The Broadfield

Alexandra Dariescu - BEETHOVEN 32 Variations on an Original Theme in C minor SCHUMANN Variations on the name Abegg Op.1 DEBUSSY L’Isle Joyeuse MUSIC Evening Studio Theatre, Sheffield Theatres

Racing Demon by David Hare THEATRE Evening Crucible Theatre, Sheffield Theatres

Monster! Monster! + Floating Death Picnic + True Fiction + HarleyLikesMusic + Dub n Drum = Lights On Lights Off MUSIC evening Corporation

Terry Prachett's Wyrd Sisters THEATRE Evening Sheffield University Drama Society The University Of Sheffield Drama Studio

Reflections MUSIC Afternoon University of Sheffield Concerts

Cut Your Wings (Live) w/ Last Standing and Tenth View + A.M.P and Ratells DJ sets MUSIC Evening Frog and Parrot

Montuno MUSIC Evening The Greystones

Zak Black MUSIC Evening The Harlequin

Dananananaykroyd plus Flashguns and Kid Adrift MUSIC evening The Harley

Three Blind Wolves @ The Bowery MUSIC Evening The Leadmill @ The Bowery

Deadly Nightcap by Francis Durbridge THEATRE Evening Denys Edwards Players Library Theatre

Steve Waterman Quintet 'Buddy Bolden Blew it' JAZZ MUSIC Evening Sheffield Jazz, Millennium Hall, Polish Centre

Badge MUSIC Evening Sylvesters Bar and Restaurant

Beer Festival with Reasons to be Cheerful Live Music MUSIC Evening New Barrack Tavern

Devils Brigade + Banditos MUSIC Evening O2 Academy

Russian Dolls EP Launch Ripoff Britain + Gazelles + Bliss Compound + Sarah Class MUSIC Evening The Plug

Singing Knives MUSIC Evening The Riverside

Last Laugh COMEDY Club Toby Foster, Simon Clayton, Bobby Sparkler, Zoe Lyons. COMEDY Evening Sheffield City Hall

Crystal Pace ROCK MUSIC Evening Mentholman's @ West Street Live

If you have live events you want listing on the blog, email me at gigsandshows@live.co.uk with the details and weblinks you want adding and I'll be happy to oblige. If possible please email me at least a week before the event, though even earlier is better. Please spread the word about my blog too. The more people that know about it, the more free advertising for your events.

Cheers for now

Max

Sheffield What's On, Free Live Entertainment Weekly Listing sign up

http://www.sheffieldwhatson.blogspot.com

• 1 month later...

It's not exactly a 'gig' as such, but there will be plenty of bands and performances when it draws to a close...

'2Weeks 2Make It' is a music video competition based out of Sheffield (but open to anyone from anywhere around the UK). They pair off up-and-coming musicians with filmmaking teams who then collaborate to make a music video, from start to finish, in just two weeks.

Archived