Sky Call charges (to Sky tech support)

I had my sky set up on feb 14th. It didn't work, so i called Sky's technical support number (which it says is free from a sky talk line) 3 times before it got sorted.

It's now showing on my bill, and costing between 40 and 70p each time.

Are calls to Sky's 0844 numbers actually free or what? :huh:

Get a Freeview box.

I've had one for 6 years and haven't had to call them once. :)

Apart from having to hunt around to see where they had put Channel Five after a re-tune, it has worked faultlessly and the programme guide is way more user-friendly than Sky.

And it's Free! :cool:

Got rid of Sky for BT Vision after endless problems with Sky Broadband.

I find it a lot better - can watch through On Demand when you want instead of being restricted by Skys listing availablility and it has replay for if you missed something on TV. Kids is great as they do "A hour with" on the kids channels.

Although a full hour of Charlie & Lola can sometimes get annoying though.

so Sky seemed a good option :)

The problem with Sky is that it is now seen as almost a generic term for TV and internet. I've even heard people referring to their Virgin cable as Sky.

If you look at most price comparison sites, Sky rarely makes it into the top 15. Added to that is the charges made to use their technical helplines and the fact that any 'premium' films or sports events are charged for on top of your monthly package.

Poor value all round :(

Just cancelled Sky and now getting freeview which is much better.

They are just after your money and the customer service is getting terrible.

I called them in January to give them 30 days cancellation notice and was told by an advisor there was no need and to call back February. So I did and got told I had to give them 30 days notice and I have ended up paying for an extra month that I didn't want.

I fought my corner but didn't get anywhere with them. They just said I was given the wrong info and unsurprisingly the call I made in Jan wasn't recorded!

Well rid.

It's funny as well that after your warranty on the boxes runs out, something goes wrong, they then want £60 just in call out chargers for an engineer to call.

I was with Virgin before, and can't get cable here :(

I moved from my old address (and transferred virgin to my ex partners name so he could carry on paying for it) and now they're chasing me for cancellation fees for him transferring to Sky over 18 months after I moved out!

Archived