MoD Under Fire Over £150K Book Blunder

The Ministry of Defence has ordered the pulping of a book critical of British operations in Afghanistan - at a cost of more than £150,000.

LINKY

I'm wondering if this is actually a clever ploy by the MOD, and they actually want to draw peoples' attention to the contents of this book?

What better way to draw peoples' attention, than the buy all the first print copies; and pulp them? and have the media inform every man and his dog, that they don't want you knowing what hidden between the covers...

Sheer genius!! (of course they're not retards)

Yes, yes they are!

MoD spent £22 on 65p lightbulb

http://www.projectdatafile.co.uk/news_story.asp?id=2957

one conspiracy theory is that they don't actually pay that much, they just cook the books and use the money for 'research' and 'regime change ops' etc.

still, I wish I'd written that book. I'd keep printing more out and waiting for them to but them. would be loaded.

The thing that puzzles me; is that surely, by buying all the first-print copies of the book; and now that the media has gotten hold of the story; isn't it only going to draw more attention to the book and it's contents?

Which I would imagine is the opposite of what they want?

Archived