Exposing hateful people

What people are you counting as "working class", everyone who works for a living or just people who earn less than say 30,000 a year ?

Working class (or Lower class, Labouring class) is a term used in the social sciences and in ordinary conversation to describe those employed in lower tier jobs (as measured by skill, education and lower incomes), often extending to those in unemployment or otherwise possessing below-average incomes. Working classes are mainly found in industrialized economies and in urban areas of non-industrialized economies.

extending to those in unemployment or otherwise possessing below-average incomes.

So you wouldn't include miners, train drivers, plumbers, electricians, steel workers, decorators, shop managers, sales reps etc. etc.

So you wouldn't include miners, train drivers, plumbers, electricians, steel workers, decorators, shop managers, sales reps etc. etc.

Take it up with Wikipedia old chap. You asked for a standard definition so I gave you one.

I'm glad that you just exposed your ignorance by using Wikipedia to source your information.

Thank you.

Again with the projection. Please "Google" projection. And when you have take a look at Stanford university definition and then look at the Wiki definition. I'm confident that you wont find much difference between them. Incidentally, I tailor my sources to the standard of opposition, so until you are able to construct an argument of some worth Wiki it is.

But I asked for your definition, not Wikipedias.

Who do you think is working class ?

This point is so obvious as to be not worth making, but there are no clear lines of demarcation are there?

Some "working class" people earn more than some "middle class" people. The point being that an increasing number of people are living at or below the poverty line in Europe.

http://www.jrf.org.uk/publications/impact-global-economic-downturn-communities-and-poverty-uk

This point is so obvious as to be not worth making, but there are no clear lines of demarcation are there?

Some "working class" people earn more than some "middle class" people. The point being that an increasing number of people are living at or below the poverty line in Europe.

So were talking about "people living below the poverty line" then not the "working class" as such ?

So we shouldn't be refering to them as the "working class" if thats not what we mean ?

So you know lots of landed gentry living below the poverty line?

I dont' know any landed gentry, but there are plenty of what some would class as "middle class" people who can't make ends meet.

Archived