Where have all the decent honest people gone?

So to some this up. You had a dozy moment and as a result of someone taking cash hanging out of a cash machine (Which all of you would do if you knew no-one was looking, even those that say they won't) and society is on its arse.

You deserve to lose the money for such a stupid generalisation.

So to some this up. You had a dozy moment and as a result of someone taking cash hanging out of a cash machine (Which all of you would do if you knew no-one was looking, even those that say they won't) and society is on its arse.

You deserve to lose the money for such a stupid generalisation.

There's the milk of human kindness. Not.

i did the same thing a year ago at a bank,it was 3am in the morning i withdrew my wages out and when i got home i realised had forgot to take the cash from machine.

the machine automatically puts it back in and i got the money back.

many years back when i lived in a boarding house, this very unkept 70 ish German who also lived there, said he had found a wallet with money while doing his daily empty tin can collection from the rubbish bins.

not speaking much english he asked me if i could help him return it to the owner.

i thought he was joking,but then he gave me the wallet to return. it had many cards and just over $100 in it.

i did eventually trace the owner and they sent him a thankyou card.

i later found out that this old decrepid German who would spend hours daily picking up empty tin cans and then annoying the tennants with the noise he made smashing them was very well off.

every few years he would go for a holiday back to Germany from the proceeds of his tin can collection.

I used a cash machine yesterday and by my own admission i 'STUPIDLY' walked away without taking the cash! my mind was on a matter of things, and i know its my own fault for not taking it, but i asked the store to review the footage just to check that i had indeed left it there and not walken away and perhaps dropped it. The security staff informed me today that after i had walked away from the machine a guy coming out of the shop walked up to it, took the cash and walked away.

Now if this had been someone else and i had found the money, i WOULD of handed it in. i know we live in a time where everybody is skint and money is tight, ive just had a baby and money is extremely tight and now i feel robbed :(

I just wonder, what has happened to good decent honesty????

Phone the police, it is a crime.

Larceny which was incorporated into the new theft laws.

I thought it was illegal to take people's money from a cash machine, without handing it in or letting the machine take it back.

I don't know if she's a he or a she. I'm countering the question "Where have all the decent people gone?". One answer is they've been replaced by stupid people.

"She" has just had a baby and it can leave people feeling tired and depressed but seeing as you are male and it was a "guy" who took the money then the finger of guilt points at men.

Archived