Where have all the decent honest people gone?

You listed all the things that EVERYONE is entitled too, and insinuated that she's somehow in the wrong for receiving these benefits from some fictional society that your not a part of, nor can you name.

The fact that we have the things I mentioned proves society has decent, honest people. It's not hard to understand.

The fact that we have the things I mentioned proves society has decent, honest people. It's not hard to understand.

I don't know which society your talking about so I can't comment on whether it has decent honest people in it.

What you find hard to understand is the FACT that she is NOT saying that there are no decent, honest people.

But in FACT is asking where they are.

Why would she be asking where they are if she doesn't believe that any exist in this society you keep mentioning but cannot name, because it simply does not exist.

I'll ask another general question aimed at everybody:-

Is anyone a member of or knows the name of Tony's society?

Actually thinking about it, not long ago, I left £30 in the cash machine in meadowhall and there was a queue and I was faffing with the kids right next to it, that was why I was distrated and the person after me never mentioned it, didn't realise until I went to buy my dinner. I did think charming, but I was more annoyed with myself.

If people knew no-one was looking they would take the money. Do you have a till in your shop or do you just leave the money on the counter knowing that no-one will take it?
No they wouldn't! Only people with a propensity for stealing and dishonesty would do that. Most people would not and do not.

Yes, I have a till, mainly because I need to show the Revenue a till roll and also it does the adding up for me! I often let customers take things without paying if they're a bit short, and without fail, they've always come back and paid me. I don't think for one second that Woodseats people are so different from most people anywhere. Only thieves steal. True? I agree with you that most people are honest and decent, so why state that everyone would steal if they thought they would get away with it?

The op was upset, with good reason, and posted a rant, surely after what happened anyone would allow her that?

I don't know which society your talking about so I can't comment on whether it has decent honest people in it.

What you find hard to understand is the FACT that she is NOT saying that there are no decent, honest people.

But in FACT is asking where they are.

I'll ask another general question aimed at everybody:-

Is anyone a member of or knows the name of Tony's society?

You really hung up on the society word aren't you. For this thread I will define my use of the word society to mean that of the human society. We're a branch of it located on an island north of France, west of the North sea. We also have a slightly smaller branch connected to ourselves through the political system we created to govern our society. Some call this society the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It's also the one that Margaret Thatcher claimed didn't exist yet her offspring claims to want to make bigger as you earlier alluded to.

Why would she be asking where there are if she doesn't believe that any exist in this society you keep mentioning but cannot name, because it simply does not exist.

That's the point. There was no need for such a statement if the op believed they existed.

No they wouldn't! Only people with a propensity for stealing and dishonesty would do that. Most people would not and do not.

Yes, I have a till, mainly because I need to show the Revenue a till roll and also it does the adding up for me! I often let customers take things without paying if they're a bit short, and without fail, they've always come back and paid me. I don't think for one second that Woodseats people are so different from most people anywhere. Only thieves steal. True? I agree with you that most people are honest and decent, so why state that everyone would steal if they thought they would get away with it?

The op was upset, with good reason, and posted a rant, surely after what happened anyone would allow her that?

Spot on lady. You certainly command the high ground on this one. You don't become a thief because an opportunity arises. It simply means you're a thief waiting for an opportunity.

Archived