Should religous opinion override the law?

Grahame do you have access to a revised version of the bible? You seem to know which bits were written by desert dwelling nomads and which bits were the word of god.

I only have the same Bible as anyone else, but the Jewish Encyclopaedia is a good source of knowledge and it explains a lot that I never knew. :)

To the people living in the Euphrates it was the whole world. Actually it was a flood. :)

I agree with you on that score. but from a biblical point of view it was the whole world, like everything else written in it, its God's word, either way

Gods actions and orders are inhumane, if he was a living figure we'd have him up for crimes against humanity

I agree with you on that score. but from a biblical point of view it was the whole world, like everything else written in it, its God's word, either way

Gods actions and orders are inhumane, if he was a living figure we'd have him up for crimes against humanity

The only problem was they had soothsayers and false prophets. King Solomon built temples to over three hundred false gods, you need to know at what periods in history they were following false gods and when they were following the Almighty. Sometimes they were far from the true God and Jews on the internet tell me they have backslid far from the Almighty today.

The only problem was they had soothsayers and false prophets. King Solomon built temples to over three hundred false gods, you need to know at what periods in history they were following false gods and when they were following the Almighty. Sometimes they were far from the true God and Jews on the internet tell me they have backslid far from the Almighty today.

History is littered with false gods. There are thousands once worshipped and many of them were provided with gallons of virgin blood. Yet you are so arrogant to believe that yours is the 'one true god' and that people should base their laws on your distorted beliefs.

History is littered with false gods. There are thousands once worshipped and many of them were provided with gallons of virgin blood. Yet you are so arrogant to believe that yours is the 'one true god' and that people should base their laws on your distorted beliefs.

The teaching of Jesus is excellent. What you read in Leviticus and Deuteronomy was written by the Jews themselves and Jesus told them they were wrong in no uncertain terms.

Does that mean He got it wrong the first time?

No, the Old Testament was exactly right. The law and the prophets spoke of the coming of the Messiah. All the prophesies of the Old Testament were fulfilled which opened up the beginning of a new era or New Covenant which is what 'Testament' means.

Archived