Disgraceful treatment of Muslims in Orange County

Mar 4 2011 Congressman Ed Royce: anti-Muslim bigotry in U.S. Government

That the US has the broadest free speech policies in the world is not in doubt. How often do we, on any side of an issue, bemoan the freedom the 'other' has to lie, display hatred, and demonstrate bigotry. Many new arrivals from the Middle East have spoken to us of their shock at our liberty to voice opinion. Free speech is a marvelous right, and like all rights it can be abused.

There are limits, however. and the Republican Congressman Ed Royce, from California, has leaped beyond any definition of decorum. His support of the recent demonstration in Orange County, California is odious and deserves condemnation and censure by his fellow legislators.

It is not acceptable for a US government representative to support speech that labels random Muslims as terrorists and traitors; to support a demonstration that terrorises children taking part in charitable activities; to support the idea of "help[ing] these terrorists to an early meeting in Paradise."

And the whole world is, indeed, watching. Utube has carried this sickening display to a world already distrustful of America, based upon its recent foreign policy actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Now the world will have another excuse to label all of us as bigots, undeserving of respect. Now they get to see that some in the body that makes laws in the United States of America support ethnic hatred, endorse the expulsion of Muslims who are American citizens (as was voiced by many demonstrators), and encourage people to act as instigators to violence.

Shame on Ed Royce who voiced his pride at the demonstrators actions. Shame on our Congress if they fail to censure him. Does it not remind you of Nazi Germany? Scapegoating? Frenzied bigotry with the explicit support of government officials?

Shame on all of us who do not take the time to speak out against this hatred. Write to your representative in Congress and urge them to take action to show the world the true America; not the America portrayed by a small group of loud bigots.

http://121contact.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/03/mar-4-2011-congressman-ed-royce-anti-muslim-bigotry-in-us-government.html

Royce must resign and take the taint of racist filth with him.

You have posted zero evidence for this.

It's a serious accusation to make.

What's your proof?

Third time.

I posted profiles of those speakers. If you don't want to accept that I suggest you check out the ICNAs own website which gives their names and then google them yourself and you will come up with a wealth of information about their extremist views.

Those people are actually expressing the views you regularly spout on here. It seemed as though the views of the OP on ' multiculturalism' were being spoken by one of the speakers in the video, why the shock horror, get used to it, Muslims have had to from people like yourself and those like the preceding post.

The OP (Me) doesn't like multiculturlism when it means one culture riding roughshod over another. I don't like any kind of religious 'culturalism', particularly when it tries to brainwash or intimidate others into its mindset.

I do love being in London surrounded by different cultures and experiences and I miss that in most parts of Sheffield. There is so much to experience from other cultures but being told 'my god is better than yours' is not something I enjoy.

Mar 4 2011 Congressman Ed Royce: anti-Muslim bigotry in U.S. Government

That the US has the broadest free speech policies in the world is not in doubt. How often do we, on any side of an issue, bemoan the freedom the 'other' has to lie, display hatred, and demonstrate bigotry. Many new arrivals from the Middle East have spoken to us of their shock at our liberty to voice opinion. Free speech is a marvelous right, and like all rights it can be abused.

There are limits, however. and the Republican Congressman Ed Royce, from California, has leaped beyond any definition of decorum. His support of the recent demonstration in Orange County, California is odious and deserves condemnation and censure by his fellow legislators.

It is not acceptable for a US government representative to support speech that labels random Muslims as terrorists and traitors; to support a demonstration that terrorises children taking part in charitable activities; to support the idea of "help[ing] these terrorists to an early meeting in Paradise."

And the whole world is, indeed, watching. Utube has carried this sickening display to a world already distrustful of America, based upon its recent foreign policy actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Now the world will have another excuse to label all of us as bigots, undeserving of respect. Now they get to see that some in the body that makes laws in the United States of America support ethnic hatred, endorse the expulsion of Muslims who are American citizens (as was voiced by many demonstrators), and encourage people to act as instigators to violence.

Shame on Ed Royce who voiced his pride at the demonstrators actions. Shame on our Congress if they fail to censure him. Does it not remind you of Nazi Germany? Scapegoating? Frenzied bigotry with the explicit support of government officials?

Shame on all of us who do not take the time to speak out against this hatred. Write to your representative in Congress and urge them to take action to show the world the true America; not the America portrayed by a small group of loud bigots.

http://121contact.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/03/mar-4-2011-congressman-ed-royce-anti-muslim-bigotry-in-us-government.html

Royce must resign and take the taint of racist filth with him.

And do you manage to get yourself worked up in to quite so much of a froth when Christian's are murdered in Pakistan and Iraq?

These new arrivals from the middle east may well be very upset but I wouldn't put that upset at quite the level of Iraqi christians who have been told to flee their own country by their own clergy in order to save their own lives.

I don't agree with some of the things that were said by protestors against this meeting, some of the things that were said were dreadful. But in my opinion you are distorting the truth grossly. I notice you've refused to comment on the properly sourced link to google books giving details of the ICNAs extremist activities, I wonder why that is.

You are a hypocrite. You protest against extremists you disagree with but you make excuses for extremists you sympathise with. All types of extremism and intolerance are unacceptable no matter who they come from and this meeting was being addressed by extremists.

On that note I'm going to bed. Feel free to sit up distorting the truth some more but people didn't just turn up to protest against this event for no reason.

You are a hypocrite. You protest against extremists you disagree with but you make excuses for extremists you sympathise with. .

No, I have never done that, nor have I offered excuses for anything, much less extremism of any kind.

There was another poster on here who used to claim I excused extremism. He repeatedly failed to find a single, solitary example of my doing any such thing, and eventually got banned.

Goodnight.:hihi:

No, I have never done that, nor have I offered excuses for anything, much less extremism of any kind.

There was another poster on here who used to claim I excused extremism. He repeatedly failed to find a single, solitary example of my doing any such thing, and eventually got banned.

Goodnight.:hihi:

Yes you have but you or some other apologist conveniently had the thread pulled....thats before you ask for proof.

Oh really?

What exactly did the form of my defence of extremism take?

I cant remember it was that many threads ago I know ,and you know,you were jumped on straight away by a few posters ,you then vanished from the thread.

Archived