Sanderson kayser ltd

My grandad was a swing grinder called George Store, i think he did perminant mornings,,and my dad Brian McGowan worked there unsure of date think he was on hammer

Edited by moggs69

ey up alan. youre right its me gary.ope all is well with you mate.only see dave franklin.he lives near me.so bump in to him now and again.one of youre old boys was a cleaner at rotham depot where i was based .buy he died not long ago.think he was called johnny.

hi gary

thought it was you yes i'm ok thanks delivering down lincolnshire at the moment. last time i saw you was at the cannon hall down the cliffe. only johnny that worked with us was j.biggin was that him?

• 1 month later...
anyone out there worked at sanderson kayser and can remember mr arnold lukey departmental manager if so is he still living was a loveley gaffer i am pam hartley .

Hiya Pam I'm sure that you will remember me - Ron Fletcher. Unfortunately Arnold died 2 or 3 years ago and shortly afterwards Brian Moulds died. They were big friends.

Cheers

Ron

Going back many, many years, my grandfather worked at Sanderson Bros. & Newboulds. He was John Henry Jackson of Darnall. Later my father Harold Jackson worked there and also his brother Stanley. I think they were all in the stockyard office. I'm talking about the 1930s to 1960s...so I doubt if anyone remembers them.

I remember Stan and Harold very well. I worked 40 odd years at SBN, eventually Sanderson Kayser. I started in 1951

Hi Pam (Chocofinger)

I know of all the people that you refer to. I am sorry to say that Arnold Lukey has died and so has Brian Moulds, they were long standing pals.

Who am I - Ron Fletcher, retired in '95 having done 43 years. I still meet up with the senior managers and directors once a year.

If you would like to know more just let me know.

Cheers

Ron

Hi All

There are lots of names mentioned that I knew and worked closely with.

I even knew Keith Broughton's father. I photographed Keith's wedding many moons ago. I worked with Phil Whybrow and Phil Kenning. Phil passed away a few years ago has did Mike Keeling, Saw Dept Manager. All sadly missed.

Anyone wishing to know more about the old firm, whether SBN or SK please email me and I will do my best to fill in any gaps. ronfletcher@talktalk.net

Cheers

Ron

I worked with Keiths father and his uncle Herbert.I was rolling when Keith was there I am almost sure he worked on the same set as me,along with little sport Holland,Charlie Hollands relative Charlie was a roller in the big mill.Another roller there at the time was Bill Lupton.

I remember Charlie Holland and Bill Lupton and can even go further back to Arnold Palmer and Vern Mitchell. Do you remenber Tony Latham, Works Director and also Jack Lonsdale? When I started in 1951 there were 4 mills apart from the sheet mill.

14" mill, New 10", Old 10" and an 8" mill usually used for file sections. The Double Duo mill replaced the 10" and 8" mills.

Ron

I remember Charlie Holland and Bill Lupton and can even go further back to Arnold Palmer and Vern Mitchell. Do you remenber Tony Latham, Works Director and also Jack Lonsdale? When I started in 1951 there were 4 mills apart from the sheet mill.

14" mill, New 10", Old 10" and an 8" mill usually used for file sections. The Double Duo mill replaced the 10" and 8" mills.

Ron

I worked on the double duo.I remember all the others except Vern Mitchell.Do you remember Cliff Hardwick,now he was a character.Harry Preskey is another name that comes to mind from the big mill.