Petrol station chaos - a question

The real problem is that people leave their car at the pump while they do their shopping and I am not talking about just getting a pint of milk and some bread.

Queues of cars outside and queues of people inside, just what you need when all you have done is fill up the car with fuel, perhaps they could have an express till just for fuel payments.

Change you filling station then . Are you well ?.:D

Another thing that is a little odd is that when you are waiting next in turn at the pump, and the person in front returns to their vehicle after paying, they then take an age to set off.

Its as though they have gone to the petrol station for a day out, I dunno maybe it is the highlight of the week for them! I do have patience but some people have no consideration for others.

The real problem is that people leave their car at the pump while they do their shopping and I am not talking about just getting a pint of milk and some bread.

Queues of cars outside and queues of people inside, just what you need when all you have done is fill up the car with fuel, perhaps they could have an express till just for fuel payments.

If I use East Midlands Airport I always leave my car on the pumps in the filling station. I've just returned from 2 weeks in Barbados and the same guy was still waiting in the queue behind my car. He was a bit annoyed but I gave him 20 duty free fags and it seemed to calm him down OK. 20 duty frees is far cheaper than £8/day in the car park, and the British have always liked waiting in a queue..

If I use East Midlands Airport I always leave my car on the pumps in the filling station. I've just returned from 2 weeks in Barbados and the same guy was still waiting in the queue behind my car. He was a bit annoyed but I gave him 20 duty free fags and it seemed to calm him down OK. 20 duty frees is far cheaper than £8/day in the car park, and the British have always liked waiting in a queue..

:hihi:

Only a bit ……… that sounds about right.

Agree re the side of the car thing but sometimes this can work to a sensible persons advantage - you see a huge queue of cars all waiting for the same pumps and no one waiting for the ones that are on the 'wrong' side so you can get fuel straight away!

I hate it when people don't all drive in and out the same way - to be it makes sense to go in and out in the same direction as traffic on the road next to the station and it's easier if everyone goes the same way though but there's always one who has to come in the other way and cause a blockage for everyone :roll: Make them all one way systems!

Which ones are these then? If you drive close enough to the terminal i think you will find they all reach. It is a legal requirement under the health and safety fuel hose length of fuel retailers 1984 act that all flexible fuel hoses are able to reach further than 2.63726327 metres.:roll:

so how do you stretch the fuel hose over a high roof transit

Archived