Comic waste of time.

It's comic relief soon and as usual we have the usual group of privileged taking holidays and having adventures in order to brainwash the public in to thinking they can help a desperate situation.

I watched a bit of this video.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00z6dnn/Comic_Relief_2011_Famous_Rich_and_in_the_Slums_Part_1/

I think the opening says it all. 3 Billion people globally live below the poverty line. It then goes on to show four well off people getting down with the slum dogs whose only real chance of getting above the poverty line is a massive shift in global politics.

If the BBC want to help these people why don't they go to the powerful 5% rather than the already skint 95%?

It's comic relief soon and as usual we have the usual group of privileged taking holidays and having adventures in order to brainwash the public in to thinking they can help a desperate situation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00z6dnn/Comic_Relief_2011_Famous_Rich_and_in_the_Slums_Part_1/

I think the opening says it all. 3 Billion people globally live below the poverty line. It then goes on to show four well off people getting down with the slum dogs whose only real chance of getting above the poverty line is a massive shift in global politics.

If the BBC want to help these people why don't they go to the powerful 5% rather than the already skint 95%?

its cos they know the 95% are a soft touch!:roll:

But you are a part of that powerful 95%!

95% of the people in the world exist on less than practically everybody in the UK.

Comic relief may (like the Eurovision song contest) be past its sell-by date. There are other Channels on TV - as well as an On/Off switch. Either or both of those may get some use next week.

Would it improve the situation if you "fronted" the programme.!! You obviously "dig deep" to help the under privelidged, good of you.

I watched it all, thanks for the link.

I'll normally buy a red nose, but can do little else.

It's a systemic problem.

All this talk of a high speed rail line in the UK, we'd be better off spending our money in boosting the infrastructure in parts of Africa etc. and reaping a small reward through increased trade along with many others, primarily the poor of Africa would benefit, but so would others.

We had quantitative easing of £200 billion?

Enough for 33 billion hours of UK labour.

16.8 million full time jobs for a period of one year in the UK @ minimum wage.

Your going to do much help with funny money!

We could use our funny money to employ people over here to do things to improve the condition of people elsewhere. And reap a reward in trade.

Archived