Want a cheap but decent holiday

hey all

i was wondering if you could help me im planning on taking my partner on holiday to greece in september but i cant seem to find a decent price ive got 500 quid to spend and would really want to go to faliraki in rhodes or rhodes town if anyone knows any good deals or websites i can book id be really grateful for the help

3 week tour of libya under £49

If you go self catering, watch out for the cost of eating out. Prices have risen sharply

in Greece in the last 2 years due to the economic situation. Not a cheap place anymore.

Love going to Rhodes.

If you go self catering, watch out for the cost of eating out. Prices have risen sharply

in Greece in the last 2 years due to the economic situation. Not a cheap place anymore.

Love going to Rhodes.

and be wary too that unless you have bought your holiday as a package (ie hotel/ flights combined) - no one has to bring you home should anything occur ie civil unrest / holiday company going broke etc.

and be wary too that unless you have bought your holiday as a package (ie hotel/ flights combined) - no one has to bring you home should anything occur ie civil unrest / holiday company going broke etc.

That's what travel insurance is for.

That's what travel insurance is for.

If this is the case (and it may be I genuinely am not sure ) why are there always , everytime there is a issue abroad - eg the volcanic ash or the collapse of an airline, lots of people on shown on the TV unable to get home and saying that hotels are charging them etc.........is is just that they do not want / are not able to pay upfront and claim back? I had always thought it was because they did not have ATOL/ABTA protection.

If this is the case (and it may be I genuinely am not sure ) why are there always , everytime there is a issue abroad - eg the volcanic ash or the collapse of an airline, lots of people on shown on the TV unable to get home and saying that hotels are charging them etc.........is is just that they do not want / are not able to pay upfront and claim back? I had always thought it was because they did not have ATOL/ABTA protection.

Most people either don't bother getting travel insurance or don't check what their insurance covers, there is usually a lot of small print regarding natural disasters or civil unrest, I find it best to speak to/write to the company and ask them outright.

It's probably to do with paying upfront as well, a friend of mine has only just got an insurance payout due to costs insured when she couldn't get home because of the volcanic ash. If you're pretty hard-up you probably wouldn't be happy about having to wait that long.

Have a look at Afandou on Rhodes great resort but a fair walk to the beach, the village is fantastic and the people are very friendly. A bus ride to Faliraki takes about 10 minutes and 1.4€. If you want to know more pm me.

Archived