Want a cheap but decent holiday

Most people either don't bother getting travel insurance or don't check what their insurance covers, there is usually a lot of small print regarding natural disasters or civil unrest, I find it best to speak to/write to the company and ask them outright.

Whereas I understand that if you are on a package the tour operator is reaponsible for getting you home and paying the intervening bills....so this is a less risky option.

Most people either don't bother getting travel insurance or don't check what their insurance covers, there is usually a lot of small print regarding natural disasters or civil unrest, I find it best to speak to/write to the company and ask them outright.

Whereas I understand that if you are on a package the tour operator is reaponsible for getting you home and paying the intervening bills....so this is a less risky option.

They can take just as long to pay out in some cases.

They can take just as long to pay out in some cases.

but the tour operator does not pay you - they pay the hotels and airlines I think. ....

clearly different interpretations so I guess anyone going abroad independantly just needs to check they can get back ok if there is an issue!!

but the tour operator does not pay you - they pay the hotels and airlines I think. ....

clearly different interpretations so I guess anyone going abroad independantly just needs to check they can get back ok if there is an issue!!

Of course they do, anyone travelling to another country should check this, and hopefully they don't need telling to do so.

hey all

i was wondering if you could help me im planning on taking my partner on holiday to greece in september but i cant seem to find a decent price ive got 500 quid to spend and would really want to go to faliraki in rhodes or rhodes town if anyone knows any good deals or websites i can book id be really grateful for the help

Did you visit that website i posted the link to..?My brother uses it and they freely give upgrades on accomodation.He swears by it .You should give it a whirl.I think you will be happy with the deal that they offer late September..

but those fools that go without even any travel insurance clearly need telling!

i get travel insurance through my bank which i pay about £12 pcm which also includes free car hire on holiday and free breakdown cover and and mobile phone insurance worldwide.i am satisfied with paying this as i holiday 2 - 3 times per year

i get travel insurance through my bank which i pay about £12 pcm which also includes free car hire on holiday and free breakdown cover and and mobile phone insurance worldwide.i am satisfied with paying this as i holiday 2 - 3 times per year

Sounds interesting. Which Bank offers free car hire?

Archived