Insurance Renewal - anyone had a shock

My son has just had his renewal through from Halifax who he has been with for quite a few years.

He has 6 years no claims, he is 31 hasn't changed his car and yet his insurance has more than doubled :o

Needless to say he will not be renewing his policy with them.

Insurance companies are paying out £120 in claims for every £100 they take in premiums.

And we all know why dont we.

I slipped on a grape at Asda today how much can I claim.

Someone rear ended me at 5 mph and I’ve got whiplash.

I am just glad both my lads are on the road with their own policies because the thought at starting out at 17 doesn’t bare thinking about. :o

Same here. Nine years no claims and the renewal price was £130 higher than a year ago.

I rang them to cancel got put through to retentions and they got it down by £50.

Still not happy so did a few online quotes and couldnt find any cheaper so stuck with origional insurer.

And we all know why dont we.

I slipped on a grape at Asda today how much can I claim.

Someone rear ended me at 5 mph and I’ve got whip lash.

Yep, it's personal injury claims. Lots of people don't understand this and say "How can my premium be more than the car's worth?"

Because the risk factor in the premium isn't replacing the car, it's repairing a human body.

I'll tell you what, the insurance companies have now spanked me for thousands over the years and Ive never claimed once. By stuffing me with these unfair rises year after year if I am ever the victim of an unfortunate accident I'm going to claim the bloody arse of them for as much as I can get. Treating their safest drivers like this will only add to the compensation culture.

I'll tell you what, the insurance companies have now spanked me for thousands over the years and Ive never claimed once. .

You sound like someone I worked with, he said ………“I haven’t had a claim on my house insurance for a number of years I will have to put one in”

Archived