Insurance Renewal - anyone had a shock

And we all know why dont we.

I slipped on a grape at Asda today how much can I claim.

Someone rear ended me at 5 mph and I’ve got whiplash.

Do you seriously believe that?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/business/aviva_reports_26pc_jump_in_profits_1_818101

Aviva report millions (£500m) of extra profits, and foresee it going into this year too.

MOJ reports show (and I can certainly tell you from first hand experience) that the numbers of personal injury claims, particularly following road accidents, have fallen dramatically, and I mean dramatically. I'd say around 30% less than 5 years ago.

It's just an easy, media friendly scape goat, to take away from the fact that insurers want to make more profit. Insurers blame people making claims, which co-incidentally persuades people to claim less, making them even more money! Insurers love it, as it gives them an excuse to make another £500m, and the press love it as it sell papers. Never mind the facts eh.

As an edit, if you slipped on a grape in Asda, you'd most likely get bugger all. All the Sheffield stores have very thorough inspection protocols, therefore, you'd fail and get nothing. Again, don't listen to the media, please.

Do you seriously believe that?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/business/aviva_reports_26pc_jump_in_profits_1_818101

Aviva report millions (£500m) of extra profits, and foresee it going into this year too.

MOJ reports show (and I can certainly tell you from first hand experience) that the numbers of personal injury claims, particularly following road accidents, have fallen dramatically, and I mean dramatically. I'd say around 30% less than 5 years ago.

It's just an easy, media friendly scape goat, to take away from the fact that insurers want to make more profit. Insurers blame people making claims, which co-incidentally persuades people to claim less, making them even more money! Insurers love it, as it gives them an excuse to make another £500m, and the press love it as it sell papers. Never mind the facts eh.

As an edit, if you slipped on a grape in Asda, you'd most likely get bugger all. All the Sheffield stores have very thorough inspection protocols, therefore, you'd fail and get nothing. Again, don't listen to the media, please.

A massive, massive company - in terms of general insurance (none life), they still had a combined operating ratio (cost of claims + operating exepenses) / premium income of 1.03 (source representing a £3 loss for every £100 in written premium.

If you further went into the results (I couldn't find any), I'm sure you'll find that their motor policies make up the majority of this loss.

Aviva report millions (£500m) of extra profits

Car insurance is only a small part of Aviva. RAC car insurance, which Aviva own, made a loss last year.

. The Association of British Insurers (ABI) estimates that for every £100 we spend on premiums, insurers currently pay out around £105 - which effectively means they're losing money on the policies they provide.

Britain's blame culture is part of the problem. The ABI suggests personal injury claims and the legal expenses they bring have risen around 22% over the past year.

http://www.beatthatquote.com/news/car-insurance/Avoid-This-Car-Insurance-Increase.html

Aviva report millions (£500m) of extra profits

Car insurance is only a small part of Aviva. RAC car insurance, which Aviva own, made a loss last year.

. The Association of British Insurers (ABI) estimates that for every £100 we spend on premiums, insurers currently pay out around £105 - which effectively means they're losing money on the policies they provide.

Britain's blame culture is part of the problem. The ABI suggests personal injury claims and the legal expenses they bring have risen around 22% over the past year.

http://www.beatthatquote.com/news/car-insurance/Avoid-This-Car-Insurance-Increase.html

There are now hundreds of accident claim brokers. When you have a car accident you no longer report it to the insurance company, you ring the accident brokers to see how they can inflate your claim.

My boyfriends just has his through, hes been passed 2 years with 2 years no claims, its for a 2ltr turbo disel, it used to be around 1100 and its gone up to 1400, he got a quote with co op insurance and its gone to 950, try gettin a quote with them i found ther really cheap.

I was with my previous insurer for 3 yrs, was paying around £43 per month, fully comp, 1999 V Renault Megane Scenic (1.6) RXE, inever claimed, when it came upto renewal time end of Oct, it went up to almost £1300!!!

Did a search, found Tesco was cheaper, and I get free windscreen cover, protected NC, and free breakdown recovery, for not much more than I was paying last year!

My insurance for trixie-pup as gone up with a bang, from £125 a year to nearly £150, and I haven't claimed a single sou on it, either.

I'm appalled:- I would have thought that the renewal would have stayed the same, for some silly reason...

Archived