Insurance Renewal - anyone had a shock

how soon before your insurance expires do they send out your renewel quote?

mines due on 6th april and still not got it yet. i thought it was a month before?

My last one was about a couple of weeks before it expired...did my homework before then though...

how soon before your insurance expires do they send out your renewel quote?

mines due on 6th april and still not got it yet. i thought it was a month before?

Mine is also due on the 6th April; the renewal came through last Saturday.

It's gone up, but only by just over £5.

So £108 for a years insurance (fully comp, agreed value) on a group 20 car. Indluding European breakdown and recovery cover.

It's be rude not to :)

Mine is also due on the 6th April; the renewal came through last Saturday.

It's gone up, but only by just over £5.

So £108 for a years insurance (fully comp, agreed value) on a group 20 car. Indluding European breakdown and recovery cover.

It's be rude not to :)

hhmmm, might give them a ring and ask when it'll be sent out if its not here by monday.

wondering if it's delayed because of the european meddling as it's with diamond. although admiral, who are the same company, quoted the exact same price last time.

mine won't be as inviting as yours, but if it goes up by a ridiculous amount i'll be off faster than i can say 'bye' :hihi:

£100 cheaper for me this year. Would have been £100 more if I stayed with current provider.

The comparison sites aren't the best place to get a deal any more.

When you're giving details to a new company to get a quote, make sure you give them last year's renewal quote (which I assume was lower). Ask them if they can match it. Most companies would jump at the chance if it means they gain your custom and it's not an unreasonable discount on the original quote (I think any discount less than £100 is realistic).

If comparison sites are no longer the best, would you mind telling us where is the best places to get quotes?

It would be much appreciated, ta

renewal quote came today - nearly £100 cheaper than last year, im shocked!

i thought the thieving beggers would have added at least that!

suppose the extra years no claims has had an impact!

still gonna have a sweep of the usual suspects to see if i cant get it cheaper, but diamond were by far the cheapest (by a couple of hundred quid) last year so cant see anyone else beating it.

that'll all change next year i guess...

I had mine last week. When I had finished rolling about the floor in hysterics, I rang them up and told them where to get off:

"...we never take our customers for granted - which is why I'm delighted to let you know that when your cover expires on (date) you can enjoy another 12 months of cover with (company) for just £1265.16

Of course if I was happy about it, then to do nothing etc etc. Astonishingly, the increase was additional £82 odd each month!

Oh, and the car? an 05 corsa.... :rolleyes:

Most of the 'comparison sites' are owned by insurance companies and are not independent. For instance, Confused.com is owned by the Admiral Group plc and Comparethemarket.com owned by Budget Insurance Services Limted and many others are 'fronts' for insurance companies who use them to get you to use their insurance in one form or another.

In regards to claims, Moosey is right. Claims are coming down, dramatically, and furthermore, more fraudulent claims are being succesfully repudiated and so less being paid out

The worst offenders in any increase in insurance claims... Insurance companies... who sell details of injured or possibly injured policy holders and in motor claims, their passengers details to Claimant solicitors who then contact them to ask if they want to make a claim and who in turn pay the insurance companies £000's and sometimes over a £1000 for the priviledge of this information, per case (i.e. 4 people in car hit from behind and they all claim - then between £2000 and £4000 to the insurance company for one fax/email/call).

Archived