Problem with volume when using Freesat box for TV viewing

I usually only watch terrestrial TV channels, but since these will soon disappear I am trying to get used to using the Freesat box.

I can get the channels OK, but even with the volume control at maximum it isn't quite loud enough. Does anyone know a remedy for this, please?

I am scratching head at moment. I have ordinary sat receiver and that works ok. Has the box worked ok before? A friend has got sky and the sound on that cannot be altered, although we know that is the fault of the box.

There's usually an alternative audio output on the box in the form of two (stereo)phono jacks, although I think these run off the same output circuit as the scart, and at a similar level, but might be worth a try. If there are no other adjustments then it could be a fault on the box, the only way to prove that would be to connect it to someone elses sat system.

I have all the audio outputs switched into my Hi-Fi amp and speakers when I am watching films or musical performances on TV.

Archived