SAS caught in Libya ?

Trying to "rev-up" the reports again?

No-one has reported "bombs", what was reported was much more likely to simply be hand-grenades...

...but don't let let sense or logic get in the way of your rant.

Do you think it is 'sensible' or 'logical' to believe that commandos with explosives (hand grenades are bombs) were sent in to 'make contact' with people who could have been contacted by various simpler means, including by telephone?

While there may be some posters who see conspiracies everywhere, it doesn'r change the fact that the government eplaination for this incident stinks, by any objective analysis.

it's obvious to me that the special forces were only present as a bodyguard team,if they had been on a covert mission they would have fought their way out and odds are the farmers would have never been able to capture them,more than likely the farmers were aproached ,then they asked the soldiers to lay down their arms whilst the rebel spokesperson was summonsed,after the discussion they picked up their gear and left,any other scenario would have left many dead as even rebels/farmers are classed as civilians,killing them would only have made diplomatic moves harder,any other scenario would have had the rebels parading captured ( invaders ) through the streets and facing a show trial shown on world media outlets

it's obvious to me that the special forces were only present as a bodyguard team,if they had been on a covert mission they would have fought their way out ...

True, remember a few years back when one undercover SAS guy was caught in Iraq with some explosives in the boot of his car and decided to shoot his way out?

He shot and killed one policeman and was arrested, so we had to send in the tanks to rescue him. That really endeared us to the Iraqi police force :)

x

Trying to "rev-up" the reports again?

No-one has reported "bombs", what was reported was much more likely to simply be hand-grenades...

...but don't let let sense or logic get in the way of your rant.

Explosives were found in the cache of weapons !

Why would soliders require bomb to make contact with rebel leaders ?

You can simply walk in the shadow governed which has been set up in the east

" they were sent to make contact with rebel leaders is a lie "

True, remember a few years back when one undercover SAS guy was caught in Iraq with some explosives in the boot of his car and decided to shoot his way out?

He shot and killed one policeman and was arrested, so we had to send in the tanks to rescue him. That really endeared us to the Iraqi police force :)

x

Please can you NOT metion the sas caught in basara dressed up as Arabs an in possession of bombs !

We are all trying to forget those two :

http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?site=images&gl=uk&client=safari&source=mog&hl=en&aq=f&oq=&aqi=p2-k0d0t0&fkt=2333&fsdt=7127&htf=&his=&q=sas+caught+in+basra#i=4

http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?site=images&gl=uk&client=safari&source=mog&hl=en&aq=f&oq=&aqi=p2-k0d0t0&fkt=2333&fsdt=7127&htf=&his=&q=sas+caught+in+basra#i=11

How do you know they were captured? It sounds like a great cover story if you are wanting talks with rebels to claim you were trying to get UK oil workers out of the country. You just pretend that you were captured and no one ever need know that it was a smokescreen for talks. You don't want to be seen talking to the wrong side if it all goes pear shaped.

Yes you could possibly be right ! But the big flaw in the logic is that how can the execuse

" sent to make contact with the leaders be correct "

When every single reporter has had access to the parliement of the rebels "

Yes you could possibly be right ! But the big flaw in the logic is that how can the execuse

" sent to make contact with the leaders be correct "

When every single reporter has had access to the parliement of the rebels "

T42 has a point - these meetings have to be done in secret. We openly deal with Libya, but I'm sure our government is working hard on a contingency plan of assisting the rebels, if Gaddafi becomes a threat to our supplies the Middle East.

x

• 3 weeks later...

Even if they are there it's not like people have never sent teams into countries that they shouldn't like in Vietnam one person who I knew told me when I asked him about U.S going into laos etc. And he said "Its hard to tell one tree from another in a jungle"

Archived