SAS caught in Libya ?

surely if theyre captured by REBEL forces theyll be ok??

surely theyd be friendly to us?

That depends on a multitude of factors; chiefly, what the rebel forces think SAS troops were doing there. Also consider Iraq and Afghanistan; in both cases, a huge chunk of the locals have taken up arms against the invading force, even though the invading force was trying to relieve them of their own evil governments.

A lot of places in the world will always side with their own against [/i] anybody[/i] from outside, no matter whether they were happy with their own or not. You see that on a trivial scale even in the UK; how many people in Sheffield would stop supporting a rubbish Owls team to go and watch a good Blades team, or vice versa?

This government just can't help itself! A secret unit now confirmed in Benghazi, a secret unit. Yet they are on the BBC confirming it. Why don't they just keep quiet? Media pressure? What a bunch of cowards our government are. They cut the military. Now they send them into that arm pit country, knowing a small special force units best weapon is its anonymity. What ever you say say nothing, what ever happens to that? I doubt these guys are thanking our leaders right now.

Unless of course a statement from the government confirming that these guys are actually who they say they are prevents them being shot. But I'm sure the armchair experts will know better.

thats different tho, thats a matter of life and death

errrrrrrrrrrrrrm

Gaddafi has been killing his people since he's been in power. Up until the revolution this country was Brown nosing Gaddafi.

Gaddafi has been killing his people since he's been in power. Up until the revolution this country was Brown nosing Gaddafi.

Really? We killed or helped to kill his kids trying to kill him. Only in recent times have we tried to work with this leader. The trade off was merky, but Better than yet more military action.

Archived